The Cupid Project: Answers to the Questions

♕Gabriella's POV♕

"Jeez, Bells, you didn't have to steer up so much trouble." Seth gave his younger sister a desperate look.

I just looked from one Taylor sibling to the next, wondering what the hell was going on. Lunch was at my heels, and I had Lola in my hand. Bella was the one who had requested for this audience and we complied.

"Gabriella," Bella completely ignored her brother and turned to me. "Seth was telling me your story-"

"Mom and dad were fighting yesterday and she needed a distraction, so I started telling her the story of how we met." Seth chimed in, giving me the specifics leading up to this point.

"Right," Bella glared at her brother. "And I need to ask you a few questions. Both of you."

"Okay," I was still unsure about what was happening here, but I was ready to roll with it. "What's on your mind?"

"You kept saying no to my brother when he first asked you out. But you liked him, didn't you? So why did you say no?"

I shared a glance with Seth. "Well, because it wasn't right. I had been going out with his best friend and he was dating someone else. Of course, he broke up with her, but I thought that if I said yes to him, I'd be the girl who broke up a friendship. So I made him get Greg's blessings first."

"And what made you start being Cupid?" Bella asked, completely engrossed in what I was telling her.

"Well, Iris used to like this guy, a long time ago. And he liked her back. So I set the two of them up. It didn't work out, but during the month that they were together, they were both so happy. It made me think that I could do the same for other people."

Bella nodded. "Okay, Seth, your turn. When did you realise you love Gabriella?"

Seth scratched the back of his head. "I always had this crush on Gabriella, but I didn't know she was the school Cupid. I fell for the girl sending me all those sarcastic texts, and that was it. I think I first realised my feelings after that car accident. I was so scared that I might actually lose her, I realised I never wanted to be away from her."

"Why did you suddenly like her so much?" Bella inquired.

Seth hesitated. "It wasn't sudden, exactly. I fell for her a little bit after every reply to my message. I guess it just took me a little while to realise and accept it."

I reached over to squeeze his hand. This goofball was such a big part of my life.

"So which pizza did you have on your date?" Bella asked me curiously. "And what about the cupcakes?"

"We ordered my favourite, pepperoni and cheese pizza and then Seth surprised me with vanilla cupcakes." I smiled fondly at the memory.

Bella grinned. "How do you know that my brother actually loves you? That his love is true?"

"Gee, thanks sis," Seth muttered sarcastically.

I laughed. "I know he truly loves me because of all the things that he has done and is still doing for me."

"Gabriella, who were you more jealous of? Cassie or Lola?" Bella was almost sounding like a news reporter now, firing questions at us.

"Definitely Lola," I smiled at the penguin in my lap. "She got to fall asleep in his arms every night."

Bella took Lola from me. "And for that, Lola, don't you feel like the luckiest penguin alive?" If I didn't know better, I would have said that the stuffed penguin's eyes seemed to sparkle. "But Gabby, what made you fall for my idiot brother? His looks or his personality?"

Seth said, "Looks" at the same time I said, "Personality." I elbowed him. "It was definitely my looks," Seth clarified. I just rolled my eyes.

"Seth, my friends have been asking," I began, "whether or not you have a secret brother or a cousin about our age."

"Unfortunately, this-" Seth pointed at himself "-is one of a kind."

I pretended to gag.

Bella interrupted our banter. "What about Greg? How did he cope with his girlfriend leaving him for his best friend? I mean, you must've tried to clear it out, but it would've hurt a little, right?"

Seth nodded. "When I cleared things up with him, I told her about how much Cups meant to me. We even shared a few punches. It took some convincing and a long time, but he knew I loved her, so in the end, he told me to get her."

Bella patted Lunch, who had been sniffing at her feet. "What about you, Lunch? Why didn't you bite Cassie?" Lunch barked and licked her face. "How old are you anyway now?"

"Three," Seth answered for Lunch. "Three years that Cups and I have been together now."

-//-

I guess there's just one more question and it's for me. What sparked the idea for this story?

The answer is that I had been wanting to write a dialogue based story for a long time and I wanted to explore the Cupid world. All the dialogue stories I found were mostly about dialling the wrong number, or for placing orders at food joints. And hence the Cupid Project came into being.

So guys I tried to answer all your questions, only modifying them a tiny bit. Also, I know this chapter is long overdue. I've just been a little busy with things. You also might be waiting for me to start posting the Infinity Project, but I don't have the time right now. So it's gonna take a little longer.

But thank you for all the support you've shown this story. Oh and do you know? Vena was originally supposed to be Cups but then I realised it made more sense if it was Gabriella.

I'll see ya when I see ya.