Thirteen

I am truly super grateful for all of you that had been commenting in throughout these past few weeks it was honestly a reminder. To any of those who are still reading, enjoy!! This is a short chapter but a point was made. I've recently been thinking about ending this story like maybe two chapters more and then that's it I know I say that A LOT but this time i'm serious. Anyways enjoy and don't forget to like and comment!!

The days felt like they were going by in slow motion and the nights as if they completely stood still. It had been a week since the hearing. Lana spent her days focused at work but of course everyone was asking about Amanda and when they weren't asking about her, Lana felt their pity. Her friends were there for her but she didn't want to see anyone she just wanted to see and be with her daughter. She felt like she wasn't herself again it had been so long since she had felt so alone it was even a strange feeling. Every little thing reminded her of Amanda breakfast reminded her, the dog reminded her he'll even the tv reminded her. She had never longed for a child ever and never in a million years would she have thought that a child made her feel complete and content but for the first time in a longtime, she was unhappy she didn't know what to do without her it's like everything she had that perfect life had turned into ruins overnight. "One judges' decision" she thought to herself. If it wasn't for that one decision and final verdict, Amanda would have been with her at this very moment.
Meanwhile back at home, Amanda felt completely out of place. Her room didn't even feel like hers anymore first of all because there were a lot of boxes it had become more of a storage room. The decision was certainly unexpected because Susan sure as hell was not prepared to be a mother to a teenage girl again. There were so many things Amanda had gotten used to when she was with Lana. It was a routine. She felt uncomfortable the place she had previously called home was now a strange place and the people she used to call her parents were now strangers nothing was the same anymore and it would never be not ever since the court dispute. Amanda spent most of her time in her room she didn't want to do anything she felt numb. It was like a joke this fantasy that she had, came true and then got turned into her worst nightmare. She had to find a way to talk to Lana she knew that she was just as hurt and couldn't bare to cause her mother any more pain. She decided that she would message her mom through Instagram or twitter since she was certain her parents would be monitoring her text messages. She didn't even know what to say. She simply just went on instagram and typed "I miss you mommy" .
Lana had gone to bed early that night she was too tired to even think anymore. She looked up to the ceiling it was dark and all she could think was where did everything go wrong? How did a person go from being the happiest person to the most miserable person in a matter of days? There was so much she was looking forward to but she knew that someday whether it be tomorrow or a month from now, she would get Amanda back. She already longed to spend time with her she missed those nights when they would watch her favorite show and eat junk food together. She knew she was going to see her again she just didn't know when or for how long and the thought of slowly loosing Amanda, hurt Lana even more. She wasn't surprised at her phone illuminating the room she decided to make sure her alarm was on correctly and made sure to turn the brightness down. She saw an instagram message and quickly noticed the word amanda in the username. She quickly read the message and replied "I miss you too Mandy don't worry we're going to get through this."
The buzzing sound on Amanda's phone scared her she was waiting on Lana anxiously.
"I feel so out of place mom. I don't want to be here anymore I only want to be with you"
"Honey I assure you we'll find a way out of this for now though, I need you to stay focused. Don't cause any troubles or rebel act like the beautiful young lady you are Amanda."
"I will. I promise."
"Good now get to bed you have to be at school tomorrow morning. No ifs or buts."
"Roger that mom I love you"
"I love you more my sweet mandy keep your head up high we'll be back to normal in not time"
Lana didn't know if she felt even more sad than before or a little content that her daughter was messaging her. She certainly did not want Amanda to feel out of place especially with her not being able to do anything about it. It was hard for her to read the words "I love you mom" on the screen when just over a week ago she had been so used to them. Amanda certainly did not want to be in that house her family were trying to be kind and pretended that things weren't any different as they were before but, they all knew so much had changed in so little time. Amanda didn't realize how unhappy she now was without her birth mom she didn't realize what she was actually missing when she had felt like no one understood her. That love and gratitude towards Susan and David was long gone she knew their intentions weren't bad that they just wanted their little girl back but she was never theirs to begin with she was always the odd man out and yet somehow never realized it. All those memories she had with Lana, Jen, and the cast rushed through her head she was so happy loving life. She missed even the little things already like the way her mom genuinely laughed and the way Bruno her dog, would always run up to her with that raggedy toy of his always nagging for one more toss. She knew nothing was the same at Lana's house and nothing was the same at her house either.