14: Breaking Through

Over the next week, Obi-Wan guided Luke through every part of the Force he could. Luke was a fast and eager learner. They covered ground quickly, and now Obi-Wan had decided that Luke should try to get through to Anakin.
Luke sat next to Anakin in a chair. He looked to Obi-Wan who nodded encouragingly. Luke took a breath and immersed himself into the warm flow of the Force. He swam along a well known current, letting it guide him. He found himself pulled into a smaller almost indistinguishable current. Excited, he hurried along. Eventually, he stopped. He extended a hand and it pressed against an invisible wall. Luke could tell that the current continued but he was blocked.
Anakin, let me in. Luke tried. Nothing. Anakin! Still no response.
Father! It's me! Luke! Let me in! I want to help you! Luke begged.
The wall vanished. Luke rushed forward. Almost as soon as he was inside, the wall resealed itself. Luke was inside Anakin's mind. There were rows of small flashing vidscreens.
Then, Luke realized that they weren't vidscreens. They were memories. Wow, that was a lot of them. How could he find Anakin? Where was he amidst all this?
Luke sighed and closed his eyes. The Force pulled Luke towards a memory that was all alone. It was sealed off from the others as if it could contaminate them. Anakin was in there. With trepidation, Luke pressed a hand to the memory. It went through. Steeling his nerves, Luke burst through.
Luke found himself beside his father watching as a younger Anakin Skywalker, complete with padawan braid, cradled a beaten and brutalized Shmi Skywalker. Shmi stroked Anakin's face and spoke quietly.
"I...love..." before she could finish her sentence, her head lolled back and her eyes stared blankly at the ceiling. She was dead.
Anakin from the past raised his head, so much anger and hate in his eyes that Luke recoiled. Past Anakin closed his mother's eyes and rose to his feet. He walked to the entrance of the tent and beheaded the guard. Present Anakin and Luke followed him. Anakin streched out his hand and yelled "Don't!"
They watched in helpless horror as his Past Anakin massacred the entire settlement without mercy, drawing heavily on the Dark. The rage never left Anakin's eyes as he killed every single Tusken Raider in the village.
Present Anakin sunk to his knees, tortured. He was being forced to watch one of his worst moments. The scene repeated over and over. Anakin was stuck in a memory so awful that Luke couldn't bear to watch.
Luke sunk to his knees beside his father and put a hand on his father's shoulder. Anakin didn't notice him. Deciding to take action. He gripped his father's shoulders and yanked him towards Luke. Anakin blinked, looking at Luke. "Luke? How- What-"
"Father, we need to leave." Luke said firmly.
"What do you mean? I can't leave. I'm stuck here." Anakin insisted.
"No, you aren't. You are right now lying in the Halls of Healing at the Jedi Temple. All we need is for you to get out of this memory and you can see Padme and Obi-Wan. Let's go." Luke insisted calmly.
Anakin dropped his head. "I don't know how."
Luke grasped Anakin's hand. "Believe you can leave. Do you want to see Padme?"
"Yes. I wan't to see Padme. I want to get out of here. Anywhere but here." Anakin said, determination flaring in his eyes.
"Alright then. Close your eyes and think about the Jedi Temple. Let's go." Luke told him.
Together, they closed their eyes and focused.
-SW-
Luke opened his eyes. A concerned Obi-Wan looked down at him. "How long was I out?" Luke asked, his voice hoarse.
"A day." Obi-Wan said shortly. Luke was shocked. He had no idea it had taken him that long. Had it worked? He turned his head to Anakin, and just then Anakin opened his eyes and coughed.
Obi-Wan rushed over to him and put a hand on his shoulder. "Are you alright?" Obi-Wan asked, concerned.
Anakin was still coughing. When he finished he moaned a little, resting a hand over his wound. "Ow..." he grunted.
"The healers say that you'll be good as new soon." Obi-Wan assured. 
"That's good. How long was I out?" Anakin asked.
Obi-Wan and Luke shared a look. "Anakin, you were unconscious for two weeks." Obi-Wan said slowly.
"What?!" Anakin yelled, as he tried and failed to sit up.     
Obi-Wan pushed him back down to keep Anakin from agitating his wound. "I am in so much trouble." Anakin muttered, a hand over his eyes.
"Don't worry, Anakin, I already told Padme. By the way, congratulations." Obi-Wan said.
Anakin looked up at him in shock. Obi-Wan smirked. "Oh, don't worry, I won't tell." Luke tried to stifle a laugh at his father's flabbergasted look.
They sat together for a while. Just three friends enjoying each other's company.
Of course, the moment was ruined when Master Vokara Che came in to check on Anakin, found him awake and kicked Obi-Wan and Luke out. Together, they walked away to tell Padme that Anakin woke up.

A/N: This one's a little shorter than usual. Hope that it's good. I think that I'm going to wrap this up soon.
-Turtlephant

*904 words