16: Epilogue

Luke opened his eyes. He was lying in a bed with people standing around him. He saw his mother and father looking older and realized that his plan had worked. He had rewritten the timeline, yet he still remembered the old one.
Anakin noticed that Luke was awake and gave him a funny look. When Padme noticed she smiled.
"How are you feeling, Luke?" She asked.
"Fine. What happened?" Luke responded.
"You were meditating with me and you just passed out." Said Obi-Wan. He looked substantially older, with white hair in his hair and beard and laugh lines.
Luke nodded. He kind-of remembered that. It was like he had parallel memories of the exact same time. It was a little strange. With practice he thought that he could clearly define them.
Once everyone saw he was alright they turned to leave. Leia rolled her eyes at all the fuss and led the way out, followed by Padme, Obi-Wan, and R2. Anakin turned to leave but Luke stopped him with a hand on his arm. "Father, wait."
Anakin turned around, shut the door with he Force, then sat down beside Luke.
"What is it, Luke?" He asked.
"Father, do you remember what happened on the Invisble Hand?" Luke asked carefully. Anakin looked at him carefully locked eyes with Luke then smiled joyfully.
"So, I was right! Did you just get back from the old time?" Anakin asked.
Luke laughed relieved. "So, it really did happen. Does anyone else remember?"
Anakin sighed. "No. Just you and me. When you left, everything shifted. There was a huge flux in the Force and everyone who had seen you just forgot. It was kind of strange when I mentioned something to Obi-Wan and he looked at me all weird. It became like all the events you participated in blurred, making me the only one who remembered clearly."
Luke frowned. "Why? I mean, would it hurt for people to remember that I was there?"
Anakin shrugged. "I don't know. I guess the Force was trying to erase the fact that there was a different timeline."
"How do you remember?" Luke wondered.
"I have a theory that because I was in the Force and helping you return the Force shielded me. It missed me." Anakin mused.
Luke nodded, thinking about that. "It makes sense. Do you think we could show anybody the way I showed you that memory? Like Obi-Wan?"
Anakin thought about that. "Maybe. I think that it's worth a shot."
Anakin and Luke walked out of Luke's room and went over to Obi-Wan who was talking to Leia, his former padawan. Once they finished their conversation, Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Luke went into an empty room and all sat down.
"So, what is it that you want to tell me?" Obi-Wan asked.
"I want to show you a memory that I have." Luke explained. "Just meditate and follow me in the Force."
All three of them sunk in and followed Luke as he led them to a specific crossroads in the Force. It was a place where multiple currents intersected and Luke thought it would be easiest to show Obi-Wan there. He brought the memories to the front of his mind and flow out into the Force.
Ten minutes later, all three of them opened their eyes. "Welcome back, Luke. I'm amazed I didn't remember before!" Obi-Wan said. All of his memories of what happened were restored. Luke smiled. He was glad that Obi-Wan remembered. Maybe he could restore Leia's memories also...
Obi-Wan nodded to Luke, patted his shoulder, then walked out. As if sensing Luke's thoughts Anakin said, "If you want to give Leia her memories back, I suggest you wait a little while. She's with Han now."
Luke smiled. Some things never change... Luke was happy. His family was together. The Jedi Order was intact. Darth Sidious was long dead and Darth Vader never existed.
Everything was right in the Galaxy. Sometimes, all that's needed is a second chance...

Fin!

*733 words

A/N: This story is over. That's kinda sad... well, I hope you guys enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Any feedback is appreciated. I started a book of oneshots and if anyone has any requests please put them on my profile conversations area! Anyway, thanks for reading!
-Turtlephant