15: Hello and Goodbye

A few days later, Anakin was released from the Halls of Healing on strict orders not to do anything strenuous. Master Vokara Che had approached Obi-Wan and Luke privately and asked them to keep an eye on Anakin and make sure he didn't do anything crazy.
The three friends were walking outside the Temple when Bail Organa got out of a speeder and ran up to them.
"Hello, Bail." Obi-Wan said, surprised to see his friend.
"Padme's gone into labor! She told me to come get you." Bail said. "By the way, I've known about you guys for a while." He said to Anakin.
Disregarding the last part, the four of them rushed to the speeder and Anakin drove them way past the speed limit to get to the Med Center he and Padme discussed.
When they got there, Anakin's Padme's room and rushed in. Luke, Obi-Wan, and Bail waited outside the room.
Anakin squeezed Padme's hand. "Don't worry, Padme, I'm here."
Padme winced from the pain. The droid held a baby. "It's a boy." it said in a mechanical voice.
"Luke." Anakin said,
" ... and a girl." the droid again reported.
"Leia." Padme said.
Anakin smiled in wonder. "We have twins, Padme! We're parents!"
Padme smiled back at him weakly. "They're amazing."
Padme held Leia and Anakin held Luke. They sat together, both of them felt an overwhelming joy and thrill at having children.
After a minute Anakin asked, "Padme, do you mind if Obi-Wan, Luke, and Bail come in?"
Padme laughed. "Of course. Let them in. They should see the twins."
Anakin handed her Luke for a moment then went to usher their friends in. Bail went over to converse with Padme, while Luke and Obi-Wan went to Anakin.
"Congratulations, Anakin." Obi-Wan said, as he put a hand on Anakin's shoulder. Anakin smiled brightly. He felt complete and Light. There was no darkness weighing him down. His family was complete and his friends were by his side. What more could he want?
He took baby Luke and offered him to Luke. Luke stared down at his younger self in amazement. It was strange seeing himself as a baby. It was a little disconcerting. He smiled anyway, happy for his parents. The rest of the day was spent pleasantly.
-SW-
Luke and Anakin were walking back to the Temple. Luke could feel how happy and Light his father was in the Force. It made him smile. All of a sudden, a horrible agony flared in his head. He crumpled to the ground, clutching his head. He felt a hand on his shoulder but he was in to much pain to acknowledge the concern. Memories of his life on Tattoine wavered and flickered, being overwritten by other memories he didn't recognize.
A slight older looking Padme hugging five-year-old Luke and tucking him into bed after he had had a nightmare.
An older Anakin teaching him to lift R2-D2 with the Force.
The pain faded temporarily. Luke leaned against a convenient wall and breathed heavily. Anakin looked at him with concerned eyes.
"The timelines are contradicting each other. Now that I've been born here, I need to go back to my time." Another shudder of pain wracked him.
"But..." Anakin said, looking lost.
Luke sighed and smiled sadly. "I know, Anakin. Don't worry, you won't lose me. You'll get to see me grow up and teach me all sorts of things. I need to leave, though."
Anakin closed his eyes and sighed sadly. He hugged Luke. "I love you, son."
"I love you, too, Dad." Luke responded. He clutched his head as another wave of pain overtook him.
He sat cross-legged and tried to focus. Every time he got deeper in the Force, he was blasted back to reality. Seeing Luke's distress Anakin asked, "How can I help?"
"Help me get deep enough into the Force to go back." Luke requested.
Anakin nodded, sat down next to Luke and closed his eyes. Together, they dove deep into the Force, Anakin pushing Luke deeper. Suddenly, Luke felt a surge and motion. He was going back.
-SW-
Suddenly, Anakin was blasted out of the Force. When he opened his eyes, he was alone. Luke was gone.
Well...that Luke was gone. He hadn't lost his son. Anakin sighed. He had to go tell everyone that Luke was back in his time. He would have to wait, but he had a feeling that he would see that version of his son again...

A/N: I know that this is really short but I wanted to have the epilogue separate. Only one more part. It's so sad!
-Turtlephant

*784 words