Chapter 7

" You bring any extra shirts by chance? " I laughed, realizing that my pajamas consisted of Reaver's wardrobe. He smirked as he got closer to me. Wrapping one arm around my hips he pulled against him.
         " Why wear clothes to bed, they get so....uncomfortable. " He started playing with my jacket collar, his eyes trailing down to the top of my corset.
        " Very tempting, " I sarcastically replied. " but I'm tired and very much like clothing so if you don't mind, which even if you did I wouldn't care, I'm going to steal one of you shirts now.
        I twirled my finger in a circular motion, signaling him to turn around, but I knew he would most likely peek anyway. I put on the shirt and threw my clothes into the corner.
         I looked and Reaver and changed as well, his was wearing his regular loose pants that went to his knees, but wasn't wearing shirt. We climbed into bed and once again I rolled onto my stomach to look out of the window.
        I felt Reaver's hand rubbing my back in circles. His affection didn't surprise me, it was the motive behind it that did. Throughout the times before he left for Samarkand and after Reaver was always making flirtatious  comments to and about me. He wasn't just being his normal sex-addicted self, he was being romantic and loving. Believe me, he has his sexual moments but this seemed alot sweeter.
         For weeks had both been keeping obvious feelings from each other, wether  we knew we had then or not, it was better to let go of the fear and just be with each other. I missed while he was gone and he apparently missed me too. It was nice to just be able to express it.
          After my deep thinking I rolled back over. I scooted down so that the blankets cover up to my mouth. I faced Reaver who looked like he was about to fall asleep. I moved closer to him so that his face was buried in my neck, my legs wrapped around his torso, and his arms wrapped around my waist. I played with his hair and began softly humming the same song I always did.
         Shortly I looked back at him and he had already fallen asleep. I smiled and surveyed my surroundings. Before I knew it was morning and we were ported in Westcliff. The last time I was in Westcliff it was when I returned from the spire. I had given Barnum a good sum of gold and he had turned the camp into a real city. And then, Reaver killed him. Typical.
        I rolled out of Reaver's warm arms and stretched. In sudden realization I threw the covers off of me and jumped up, waking Reaver. This caused him to panic slightly and stare at me confused.
        " Land! " I shrieked. " Sweet
land! " He laughed at my enthusiasm and rolled out of bed.
         We both got dressed and prepared for the journey ahead. Once we got to Rookridge it would be easy, but going through the Bandit Coast was going to be difficult.
          We walked up the familiar sand to the new bustling town of Westcliff. As we walked through the town many people greeted my, gave me gifts, and asked for autographs. Reaver seemed a bit surprised at how large my fame and popularity had grown. We reached the woods close at the edge of the town when I stopped.
         " This isn't going to be easy, the main road goes through a ruin filled with Balverines and when it's not Balverines and bandits.  We're lucky though, it's morning. " I explained. I was honestly concerned. Reaver was a good fighter, and immortal at that, but that didn't make my concern any less relevant.
        We walked through the dense forests, running into occasional bandits until we ran into a woman.
         " Help! Help me please, my sister, balverines, they took my sister! " I had seen this trick before. When Hammer and I came through the coast for the first time.
           " Can you show me where they took her. " Just as I suspected, she pointed to the Howling Halls. I told her to lead the way and when her back was facing us I shot her in the head. Reaver looked shocked by actions until he realized that the woman was transforming into balverine. I raised my sword and got ready to fight.
          I took calculated and hard swings at the beast, Reaver shooting at it from behind me. We progressed through the ruin. I showed him fighting techniques on how to kill balverines efficiently.
         We fought until we got to the main room of the ruin. We were surrounded. We put our backs to each other, I would strikes hard and Reaver would shoot simultaneously.
We managed to get out with only a few scratches.