III

Lolita had been hugging her knees, behind the forging table. She was too terrified to come out, not when her own people and family were massacred by an unknown threat.

She was breathing so heavily she could hear it, but it hitched when she heard a sudden klang that must've came from the contact of someone's foot to the smithing tongs.

Lolita gulped, reaching out for a chisel and a small hammer. She gulped and slowly started to stand up. She knew it was a bad idea, since she would be killed instantly, but at least she would join her father who is now in heaven, presumably.

"EEK!" Lolita shrieked when one of the robbers who ravaged the village suddenly popped right in front of her face. Out of instinct, she stabbed the robber's eye with the chisel. As the robber screamed in pain she smacked his head with the hammer to the large and hard anvil, leaving a pool of blood surrounding the robber's cracked skull.

She ran towards the smithing equipment which was displayed for public use. Grabbing rounding hammer, and some small bombs made from explosive Noumenon as she kept her chisel and mini hammer, it was time for her to step into the war zone.

 Grabbing rounding hammer, and some small bombs made from explosive Noumenon as she kept her chisel and mini hammer, it was time for her to step into the war zone

Bruno exited the simulation and sat up immediately, clutching his chest. He had been checking other villages in case they experienced the same as Lolita's village, only to see bands of thieves stealing Noumenon cores and metals, from common ones to precious ones.

He knew that he should tell someone, but how? Who would believe him, someone from the slums? Only one person would.

And his name is Rooney.

'That's it! I can call the mechanist that helped me!' Bruno grabbed the telephone that sat on top of a nearby table, mashing Rooney's phone number quickly.

"#Hello?#"

"It's me, Bruno! The guy who got a free AROD from you!"

"#The young man who lost both his legs?#"

"Yes!" Bruno shouted, "Listen, you may think I'm crazy-"

"#Can you hurry up what you're saying, young man? I seem to be in a crisis right now!#"

Bruno was curious on why the master mechanist was, "Why, what's happening?!"

"#My village is under attack right now, I'm currently taking refuge in my lab with other villagers!#"