IV

Bruno was holding back an incredibly loud shriek. It was as if fate didn't want him to save those innocent elves being slaughtered.

"What should I do?!" He asked the mechanist.

"Maybe dive into the simulation and watch out for the robbers?" Rooney suggested, "But not a full simulation, because I still need you to talk to me!"

"How do I do that?"

"Switch the settings from Augmented Reality to Virtual Reality! There should be a switch on the button that allows you to do so!"

Bruno did so and entered the simulation, setting the location to Rooney's village. He then saw a group of people possessing firearm, wearing the same pitch black uniform only slightly stained with elf blood, entering an underground passage.

"Mister Rooney, is you lab underground?"

"#Yes it is. The entrance is a black hatch with a red capital 'Sigma' branded on it#,"

"I saw at least five of them entering, all of them are armed,"

"Follow them,"

Bruno descended underground and found himself on a that is covered with a large system of energy pipes. The Noumenon energy traveling through the pipes glowed in a light blue color.

In front if the room was a fork, so the group had to discuss which of them had to go where.

"Mister Rooney, I've just observed them split up, three went to the right, two to the left,"

"#Follow the right fork, that's where my collection of inventions are. I will hang up the phone and continue our conversation afterwards#"

Bruno complied and heard the phone click. He then followed the robbers on the right path, leaving the robbers on the left path.

Back at where Rooney was, the master mechanist scurried past the terrified elves seeking refuge in his lab. Underneath his working table was a safe that contained a pair of metal gauntlets.

"Mister Rooney, what is that?" A young elf asked the elderly mechanist.

"You will know soon, young one," Rooney smiled, before putting them on. They looked colossal around his this, wrinkly arms. He then walked near the metal doors of his lab that separated the workshop, where the elves and he are hiding, with the labyrinth of Noumenon energy pipes.

Placing both his hands on the door, Rooney thought, 'Good thing that the path to the left is a one way path.'

The small tubed on the gauntlets glowed yellow Noumenon energy blasted Noumeon energy past the doors. The three robbers that were walking were suddenly stunned. The Noumenon energy halted the transmissions of their receptors to their spine, causing their nervous system to shut down.

After he heard the bodies collapse, Rooney exited his laboratory and placed the palms of his gauntlets. Through palpation, he sensed the two other guards that infiltrated his lab.

Meanwhile, Bruno had been monitoring the two robbers. He then overheard their conversation.

"Its too quiet, do you think that they were taken out?" One asked to the other.

"Nonsense, this lab is a maze, they've probably just went--!"

The other guard didn't have the chance to finish as two Noumenon blasts attacked them. Bruno stumbled back in horror as he saw the two robbers collapse to the ground, his body phasing through Rooney's invention. If he was corporeal, a part of the mechanist's collection would've been knocked back.

Bruno immediately dialed Rooney's phone number in a hurry. He could hear the ringtone of Rooney's phone from his location.

"#Hello?#" The mechanist answered a few moments later.

"Mister Rooney! You may not believe what I'm about to say but I just saw two yellow blasts hitting the robbers! I think there is someone else here!"

"#Oh, that was me. I used my Emitter Gauntlets to knock them out#"

".......,"