V

A certain young elf screamed in pain. A severed arm holding a chisel dripping with blood flopped to the ground. The elf was pushed to the ground by the robber who was attacking her. Tears overflowed from the pain and grief as an alarming rate of blood gushed from her right upper arm her left deltoid.

Lolita closed her eyes, knowing that in a few seconds, she'll join her family. However, that was not the case. She heard the robber scream in pain as he dropped to the ground. Behind him was an elderly man wearing gauntlets accompanied by several other elves. They began to pick up Lolita's frail body and put her on a stretcher. They carried her while some other elves tried to stop the bleeding from her arms.

Lolita smiled as the tears that were held in dripped down her face.

It's over, finally

"Would you take a look at that, you're as energetic as a puppy!" Rooney beamed as he finished implanting a metal socket to what is left of her arms

"What are these for?" The young elf played around with her stub of a right arm.

"They're metal sockets, for prosthetics," Rooney informed.

"I'll get mecha arms?!" Lolita exclaimed excitingly, before her face became downtrodden, "Thanks, but I don't have any money."

"They're donations, young elf. The others who have a similar condition as you will receive the same treatment," The mechanist said as he packed his lead   Lolita off from the operation table.

"What did those guys want with our village anyway?" Lolita asked.

"Your Noumenon energy cores and metal parts,"

"Seriously?! Did you know how hard it is to mine those yellow stones?! And how much effort and time blacksmiths put into making those parts?! They were supposed to be imported to the capital so we could settle our debt!" Lolita screamed in frustration, "Then again, I'm the only one in the village left, and I'll turn into an adult a year later."

"Morality is not something that's black and white, dear. Sometimes it cannot be understood by just everyone, or anyone," The mechanist replied.

"Although, it's amazing how you saved hundreds of elves! How did you know we were in trouble?" The young elf asked.

"Oh, I didn't. In fact my village was under attack too! Those robbers hacked into the entrance gate of your village, making it impossible for someone to get in or get out! If it weren't for that lad Bruno and the AROD I gave him, we would all disappear to history!" Rooney laughed heartily.

"Bruno? Who's that?"

Bruno sighed as he laid down in his hospital bed

Bruno sighed as he laid down in his hospital bed. He then looked at the sky that was carpeted with the stars.

"That was way too much work for a guy who was strictly told to rest,"

Then suddenly he heard bumping noises from his door. Its as if someone with a colossal hand tried to knock on the door. When the door handle turned, it revealed an small elf who used her forehead to turn the door handle.

'It's that elf girl whose father got stabbed,'

"You're Bruno, right? Mister Rooney told me you helped him rescue the other elves,"

"Yeah that's me," Bruno replied.

"Thank you, for saving my life," Lolita thanked, "I just wished you were in time to save my family too."

Bruno was taken aback, bowing his head in shame, "I'm....sorry."

"N-No! It wasn't your fault! They were the first among the elves in my village to be killed!" Lolita flailed her arm.

"What happened to your arms?" Bruno inquired worrily.

"Oh, robbers took'em," Lolita looked at her stub, "What happened to you?"

"Something similar to you," Bruno lifted his bed sheets, revealing his stubs for legs.

"Whoah, this is one hell of a coincidence," The young elf maiden gasped.

"You seem pretty upbeat for someone who lost her family a while ago," The man commented, covering himself with the blanket.

"Oh, well I am sad that my family died, and that every other elf who died," Lolita walked towards the window, its curtains spread apart, "But I wouldn't want my family to be sad for me too. They would want me to be happy, and live. If I were sad and crying my family would turn around when they're walking towards heaven."

"I see," Bruno replied.

"What happened to yours?" Lolita asked.

Bruno's breath hitched before turning his face away from the girl. A long silence enveloped between them before he replied.

"I don't know,"

"I'm sorry," Lolita apologized.

"It's alright, you can't miss what you never had,"

Prelude - END