Chapter 1

Thorin's POV

I sit with Bard and Thranduil at the table. "We can send all the trading supplies to Dale and someone can pick them up. An elf comes from Mirkwood and a dwarf comes from Erebor. It's easy." I nod and so does Thranduil.

My mind slowly drifts off. In my head scenes play through my mind of me and Sarah. We have a beautiful picnic with Dis and the whole company, our wedding day, our birthdays, our anniversary and thoughts of the future. 10 little children running around Erebor...

"But what if we need to collect a large-" the door flies open with a bang. We spin around to find an elf guard, one of Bard's guards and Dwalin. "We are sorry to interrupt but... Orcs are headed this way from the south, armed for battle." We stand.

"Gather your men and weapons, ready to fight." Bard grabs his sword. Thranduil and I grab ours and we tuen around. Dwalin is wringing his hands. 'He only does this if something terrible is happening...' "How bad is it Dwalin?" He looks up. "The orc army isn't too big so we should be fine..."

"Then what IS wrong?" He wrings his hands again. "Dwalin..." I walk over and I stop in front of my best friend and I lay a hand on his shoulder. "I wouldn't have interrupted if it wasn't super important..." I nod. "Your wife... She has gone into labour." My eyes widen. "What?!?!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
246 words!!