Chapter 6

Sarah's POV

The women, children and I watch as our loved ones leave to protect us and Erebor. After a few minutes of watching, I turn to them. "Alright ladies! Our men are gone for a bit but we can hold up the fort! Let's make our men proud!" The women cheer and we starts handing out jobs.

After doing this, the children wanted to help so it was decided that they will follow their mother and help as much as she needs. Dis, Thráin, Thrór, Lily, Balin, Isla, Taneka and I were out collecting food for everyone.

Though, everyone told me to stay sitting, whenever they weren't looking, I would pick berries for dessert. I feed Balin and I care for him. I watch as he cooed and he wiggles around a bit. "Aren't you just the cutest!" I nuzzle his cheek, causing him to burst out into giggles and everyone to aww.

Thorin's POV

As we ride to meet the elves and men, I look back at all the dwarf to see them whispering or looking down. "Don't worry..." everyone looks at me. "Our women are most likely fine! I bet you, by the time we have gotten home, it will look the same as we left!" They nod, smiling. "Our women are amazing aren't they!" They cheer. "Lets win this for them!" They hold up their swords.

~~~~ Time Skip ~~~~

We finally meet up with he elves and men. I see a few elves talk and smirk. Suddenly, "What did you say?!" I notice it was Kili talking.

Legolas walks forward. "I said: You dwarfs don't belong here! You are all greedy and care about nothing but your good." I walk forward.

"We aren't here to protect our gold... We are here to protect our women!" The dwarfs cheer behind me. I smirk as Legolas slinks off into the crowd.

Gandalf rides his horse to the front. "Let's go!" He starts riding. I ride my pony beside him and Thranduil and Bard on the other side. We march off to battle....