Chapter 3

Kili's POV

I stand down at the entrance of Erebor. My brother runs down the stairs in his armour. "I am ready!" I nod and suddenly Dwalin and Uncle Thorin ride in on ponies. Thorin jumps off and runs up the stairs. "UNCLE!! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!" Fili calls out to him. He turns and shouts. "YOUR AUNTY HAS GONE INTO LABOUR!! I NEED TO SEE HER!!"

Me and Fili cheer as Thorin runs up the stairs. People talking to others saying "The queen is having a baby!" "How many more children do you think they will have? They already have 3!" As this is said, three young dwarfs come running down. "Cousin Fili! Cousin Kili!" Hey run over and hug us shaming. "Mama is screaming... She sound in pain..." I pick up Lily and Thráin while Fili picks up Thrór.

"You mama is in a tiny bit of pain," I say, trying to sugarcoat it but they whimper, "But she is giving you a baby brother or sister!" They cheer. "Yay!!!" Lily, their youngest child giggles and claps. Dwalin walks over. "Come on you three... We need to get you somewhere safe!"

They nod and we set them down. Thrór and Thráin stand beside Dwalin while he carries Lily in his arms. "Stay safe cousins!!" The three of the wave to us as Dwalin takes them with the other children and women.

Thorin slowly walks down the stairs and his children run to him. "Papa!" We watch as he picks them up and holds them. He whisper in their ears and they giggle and whisper back. He sets them down and watches as they walk down, further into Erebor.