Chapter 4

(During Kili's POV)
Thorin's POV

I ride my pony straight through the gates of Erebor and I jump off. I notice Kili and Fili standing there as I run up the stairs, jumping three at a time. "UNCLE!! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!" I hear Fili calls out to me. I turn around and shout. "YOUR AUNTY HAS GONE INTO LABOUR!! I NEED TO SEE HER!!" I turn back and I continue running.

As I make it to the bedroom I hear a scream. I open the door and I see Sarah, sweating and tired. I run over to her. "I am so sorry I am late..." she rests her head against my chest. "It's... Okay... My love..." I smile and I hear a cry. I look up and see a nurse walk over and hold out a bundle of blue. "Your new son, my King and Queen."

Tears come to my eyes and I slowly take him into my arms. "My son..." I look at Sarah and she smiles. "What shall we name him?" I think. "We shall name him... Balin." She kisses my cheek. "Perfect!" We watch as Balin opens his eyes and we smile. "Welcome home little Balin..."

I hold him and Sarah close. "I am happy I got to see my son at least once..." Sarah looks up. "What do you mean once?!" I sigh and I look into her eyes. "Orcs are coming from the south, armed for war... I must go fight to protect Erebor... To protect you, Thráin, Thrór, Lily and Balin..." She sobs into my shoulder. "B-But..." I comfort her. "I'll come back home... I'll fight for you..."

I kiss her and I kiss Balin's forehead. "I'll come home..." Sarah cries. "Don't go..." I whisper. "I must..." I kiss her one last time and Balin's cheek. I stand and I leave them with the nurses and guards to protect her and take her to safety.

The Power Of Erebor [#Wattys2017] [Complete]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें