I

" Sick and in bed, was not what I had in mind doing in my first week here in Little Meadow but I'll live. " Richard said while sitting up to greet his grandparent and aunt with a smile.

" The more reason why you should follow the orders of doctors and nurses here. As I heard from Rich, you are as stubborn as my sister. Of all the traits you could take from her, you picked that one. " Aira mused, shaking her head lightly before handing the meds to her nephew.

" You should take care of your health more, my son. You inherited your mother's weak lungs so be more cautious. I do hope you are not as stubborn as Lyra. " Elena, Richard's grandmother warned; seemingly oblivious that she just repeated what Aira told him. She was fond of the boy maybe because he looked so much alike his mother, just with more prominent jaw and a dimple on the right cheek. If only it was not a silly thought to consider, she might think he was some sort of her daughter's reincarnation.

" You worry too much. It was just because of the sudden change of surroundings and the stress of being cramped in a small car for hours. It was not pleasant at all. " Richard chuckled lightly. He knew his reason was not at all believable but he didn't want to bother his relatives more. He was also just trying to lighten up the mood. They look too sullen for his liking and he wasn't even on the brink of death.

" By the way, you are transfering to Meadow High right? " Aira asked enthusiastically. " You will love it there but it take some time getting used to it. But Im sure you will, just follow the class rules and you will be alright. "

Richard nodded, thankful for the change of topic. He was grateful for their concern on his well being but he was getting tired of the constant reminders. He was fine, he knew he was fine. " Is it true that mother graduated on Meadow High as well? "

" Indeed. " Her aunt and grandmother answered simultaneously. The young man noticed how both his visitors stiffened upon hearing him mention the school but he shrugged it off, thinking it was just the medicine kicking in.

" So how was it? What class was she in? Was she in Class 3 also? "

It took almost five heartbeats before her aunt replied. Long enough for him to examine the emotions swimming in both eyes of the people infront of him. He frowned when he found sadness, confusion and he swore fear was more visible. But it all vanished instantly when Aira spoke.

" Yes, she was in Class 3 but I could barely remember anything anymore. It was decades ago and we were in different class. "

" Oh..okay. I guess I will just have to find out myself then. " He said as cheerful as he could. He didn't know it was still a sensitive topic to discuss with them. He mentally berated himself for it.

" You might hear rumors and stories but always remember what I said. Follow the class rules and you will be alright. " Aira smiled and patted him on the back reassuringly.

" You make it sound like Im a legit rule breaker. I am perfectly behaved. Besides I would not be the one to taint your reputation there. " Richard replied with a chuckle. " I know enough not to mess with the Class Supervisor.

All the while his grandma was just watching him babble things about school, brows furrowing further in confusion. Elena wanted to ask what he was saying but she was interrupted by someone knocking on the door. Soon a nurse came in to the room with three students following her inside.

" Im sorry to disturb you but these three wanted to discuss something with our patient. They said it was about school stuffs. " The nurse said timidly, gaining the attention of the three person already in the room.

" O..kay? " Richard answered curiously. It was not a natural occurence for students to visit a transferee especially in a hospital. He could not help but look at the trio warily.

" Well, must go then. I have to take care of your grandpa as well. Age can make you grumpy. Take care, my son. " Elena said while giving her grandson a gentle kiss on the forehead. The nurse was then quick to escort the old lady out of the room.

Aira did the same but in a more modernly fashion. She raised her small fist for Richard to bump with his and giggled lightly when he did, saying it made her feel youthful doing things like it. " See yah later alligator. Don't forget my reminders. "

The young man laugh at her antics as she soon follow his grandma out.

__