VI

School days for Richard passed relatively well. He got along with everyone just fine and he even successfully remembered each of their names. However, he still could not understand why they act differently towards Dei. They seem to be avoiding her like someone with contagious illness and were deliberately ignoring her presence. She was like a ghost, invincible for them except him. He notice her of course, always. He was the only one who turn his head whenever she come at their class - late or in time. He was itching to ask Katarina about it but he could not find any chance. He tried to approach Natalia and even Eli for the same reason but before he could open up the topic, they hastily shrug it off and change the subject. All that was happening made him start to feel she was an apparition and he was the only one who could see her.

Richard knew he should just forget about it and go along with his much more important student life. However, he also knew his curiousity would bother him and make him restless. And it would be totally be against his stubborn personality. So after class, when he saw Dei on the rooftop of their main building he again ran towards her. He didn't even hear one of his classmate frantically calling his name because he was already formulating a way how he could start a conversation with the unusual but beautiful girl. He also didn't notice the worried glances of Natalia.

" Why do i feel like a kid with a crush? " Richard thought as he went near Dei who was peacefully leaning on the railing, her sight fixed on the blue sky and hair being caressed by the wind. It was a picturesque sight. He tentatively took one step at a time, not wanting to startle the girl.

" Im probably looking like an idiot here. Why am I suddenly so stiff? I can feel my heart beat fast and I dont even have a crush on her. She has a cute face, that's a given but she's not really my type and Im here for a different reason. Maybe -"

His thoughts though were stopped when the girl with her soft voice spoke suddenly. The shock almost made him trip on his own feet and choke on his saliva but Richard managed to control himself before he could.

" Isn't it sad that the clouds were made for us but only a few can appreciate its beauty? "

Richard frowned at the statement but dared not comment on it. Instead, he said what he came out best at that moment. " I like clouds. They look fluffy. "

However, he was not at all expecting what happened next. Dei smiled, though it happened so fast it was gone in a blink. Richard swore he had seen it. He didn't know what to make out of it. It was the first time since he met the girl that she allowed a different expression grace her face. He was too stunned to even react and only regain composure when Dei spoke again.

" Im sure you are here because of the questions left answered. "

" Yes" Richard nodded and leaned on the railways as well but unlike Dei he looked down on the school grounds. " Am I gonna be lucky not to be left in the dark anymore? Its getting annoying to be honest. "

" .... Hmmm. I guess if I were in your shoes I would feel the same. But it will depend on what you ask. " Dei answered while she smoothen her skirt and tuck strands of hair behind her ears. Then, she faced him still with the blank expression she had mastered. " I just want to say this first. Im just as alive as you are. "

" Alive. " Richard asked confused for a minute but suddenly realized why she was telling it to him. Embarassed, he hastily tried to cover it with an excuse but failed miserably. He only looked more guilty. " Ohh.. Im sorry I was not really thinking you were .... uhmm .... a ghost or something. It would be bizarre and knowing I have no paranormal vision of sort. Beside I could totally tell you are real !  "

" Indeed. I am real but they make it seem like Im not right and its confusing you. The way they constantly remind you about the class also is a factor. I can do nothing about it. All I can say now is Im real. "

" I want to know why they are doing this to you? Are they bullying you? But why are all our teachers seem okay with it? I need to tell my Aunt all about this. I want to know everything. "

But Richard didn't get what he wanted, Dei just shook her head and patted him lightly on the shoulder. " I am real, this is proof and you need not to worry about me. You worry for yourself. "

" I am relieved that you are not what I thought you are, Dei. " Richard said with a genuine smile smile as he place his hand over hers. Her skin was not cold but the opposite, very much the evidence he needed.

" Goodbye. Ri-chard Faul-ker-son. " That was how Dei bid farewell. Playfully saying his name syllable by syllabe leaving Richard like their previous encounters but the latter felt none of the depressing feelings he had back then. Instead, he was feeling giddy and baffled at the same time. He just saw a different side of the nysterious girl of Class 3.

___________________

Does it still makes sense to you? XD