V

Richard went home that day seemingly more confused than ever. Every one who he had met so far was acting strange and saying things he had no clue what was about. He's already convinced something was up but all he was receiving was vague answers or a complete change of subject. All kept mum about it but he was suspecting it had something about the class he was in. The way they stiffen or turn serious whenever he ask about the said class was enough proof for him. Even the words Dei had said before she dismissed him earlier puzzled him.

" What's up with this people ? " Richard thought before he dropped his bag on the sofa and head to the kitchen to get some water. On the way, he saw his grandfather kneeling infront of a makeshift altar and was tearing up. He was murmuring something but all he could understand was - Oh my poor daughters. Oh Lyra.. Oh Aira. You poor girl . The rest was all muffled by the sobs of his grandfather.

He trully wanted to approach him, comfort him but he was never close to his grandfather. In fact the first day he saw him was when he was discharge from the hospital and started living with them and his aunt. He had no real interaction with him so far, only a brief hello and morning greetings. They never had a conversation or even something close to it. Thankfully, Elena came and was the one who went to his grandfather. He watched for a moment how the two interacted and was sadden by the scene before making his way to the fridge. They were really affected by his mother's death and he thought they were also sorry for his aunt cause she did not just lost a sister, she also lost her bestfriend. Maybe its true that the scar of losing someone dearly takes forever to heal.

He was about to drink his orange juice when a hand grabbed his glass and emptied it in one go. A little annoyed, he turned around only to be faced with Aira- his beloved aunt. " It was my juice. You could have just asked. "

" What's the fun in that? " Aira smirked and gently patted Richard's cheek. " I just thought it was intended for me. "

" Clearly.. in case you missed it. I was about to drink it before you snatched it away. " He replied but the irritation was gone. The cheekiness of her aunt amuse him every time. It had became a playful banter. She was like the older sibling he never had and he was glad he had someone like her.

" Oh shush, grumpy head. How was your first day at school? " Aira asked setting the groceries she bought on the table and handing some to Richard for him to place on the stock cabinet. " Im sorry I could not visit you earlier. There was a meeting I had to attend. "

" No worries. I had fun but the people there are really weird. You know. " Richard replied casually.

" What do you mean weird? "

" I don't know. I just have a feeling there is something they were not letting me know. Its like they are keeping me in the dark. Im starting to wonder if my class was composed of members from a cult. " He sniggered at his last words, making Aira laugh as well.

" Everyone is weird when you really don't know them. " His aunt pointed out as she started to slice the apples into pieces and handed some to him. " You are probably just not used to their ways. Not yet of course, just give it time and all will be fine. Just don't give me a headache, I already have a handful. "

" Nuh, What's the fun in that? " Richard said which gained him a hit on the back of her head from his beloved aunt. " Resulting to violence will do you no good and how many times should I tell you. Im as obedient as loyal dog. "

Aira chuckled for a second before turning serious all of a sudden. She massaged her temples gently and faced her nephew. The resemblance of his face to her sister was remarkable and it made her expression soften. " Just try not to break the class rule, will you? Its for a greater good ? "

Richard could only nod but his brows were furrowed. He still could not grasp why every one was adamant with reminding him about the rules.