2. Band Practice

It's been nearly two weeks since Lyneth settled at the house. Nearly two weeks since Ashton realized he was going to have to share a home with her. Two weeks since he approached her in the bathroom. And surprisingly she obeyed the instructions he set out for her. She kept her distance, with eye rolls and intense stares as an addition. She was developing more of a relationship with the other kids, especially Calum. They were like best friends all of a sudden, and Ashton couldn't help the jealousy brewing in his veins. He wasn't even nice to Lyneth at first, and there he was, taking the spot that Ashton was supposed to have. Well actually no. Calum and Lyneth's relationship was a purely platonic relationship, full of sibling love. Ashton wanted more than that, things he couldn't say out loud. But still, Calum was too close for comfort. And Ashton was slowly hoping, the other boys wouldn't do the same.

There were some days where Ashton and his friends were fortunate enough to use Mr. Hutchinson's garage fo band practice. Other times, they would have to go to the other boys' home to be free musically. Yes, he, Calum, and two other teenage boys by the name of Luke and Michael were in a band. No, they didn't recieve any recognition. But they were working on it.

"You're in a band?!" Calum nodded in satisfaction, glad to have impressed someone. Lyneth continued asking questions while Calum answered, his face smirking as if he was happy to get the attention. Ashton however wasn't so thrilled that Lyneth learned from Calum considering he was showing off but he kept quiet and continued eating his cereal. He might've been a jerk sometimes but Ashton believed in humbleness when presenting his "talents", amazing work or not.

"Yeah, we're actually practicing today at Luke's. You want to come with?" Calum asked and Ashton finally decided to speak. He placed his spoon down. "No." Calum and Lyneth both turned at his comment.

"Excuse me?"

"She's not going. " Ashton took his bowl and got up, placing it in the dishwasher. Lyneth mimicked his actions and found herself standing right next to him, arms crossed. "Why not?" He sighed. "You're too much of a distraction. You aren't going." He stated matter of a factly, turning to leave the dining room. Lyneth grew to hate his attitude, not sure of what she did wrong. He always excluded her when the "siblings" wanted to hang out and they never shared a laugh or smile much like the other teens in the house. He was the only one dreading her arrival as if they had a dark past. They had a past but it wasn't a dark one, barely one at all so the reason behind his emotions beat her. She followed him into the living room, leaving Calum behind. "A distraction? To whom? I don't even know 2/4's of your band yet so it can't be to them. And Calum wouldn't be distracted, that's like saying Trina distracts him, which is highly unlikely. So who am I distracting? You?" He chuckled and sat on the couch, grabbing the T.V remote. "Oh please, you're over-flattering yourself." Lyneth defiantly sat next to him and made Ashton's eyes avert to her in annoyance. "What do you want?"

"I want you to answer the question."

"You coming along will make Calum unfocused. You see how he was acting back in there, all prestigious and what not. What makes you think he'll be only focused on practice? He'll be too busy trying to impress his "new sister". And the other two, I just know they won't keep their eyes off you."

"Why is that?" Ashton assumed she would just leave but she didn't and the question slightly startled him. He was close to explaining how extremely eye catching she is and even he struggled to stop staring sometimes. But he held himself back. "Because they don't know you. So a new girl they've never met showing up to their band practice will definitely take their attention off of actual band practice." Lyneth rolled her eyes and stood up. "Mhm. I'm going to band practice whether you like it or not. Be grateful you have another listener," She leaned closer. "Who knows, I may like it."