━ [71]

Val's pov

We had pulled up to a huge house, in the woods. And it was honestly beautiful. The house may have been huge, but the tall trees made it look miniature. "Where are we,"

"John and his sisters house, she no longer lives here though" he stepped out of the car and if allowed him, quietly up to the big door. I ended up wrapping the cardigan around me tighter, being as it was still cold.

We were still in California, just in the mountains and it was freezing.

Alex knocked on the door and I stood behind his tall frame awkwardly and quietly.

The door opened and revealed a man, he was shorter than Alex but yet still taller than me. He had brown hair, and greenish eyes.

"Come in" he replied, Alex walked in and i followed grabbing his hand on the way. I felt him tighten it around mine as we entered the warm house that smelt of candles. "So how's your family," the man asked. Wow these to must've been close for him to ask that. "Good, Alissa is pregnant, and overdo two days. Andrew is still wanting more kids, Adrian just got a new job. And ma and dad are just wishing they had more grandkids" Alex laughed, I smiled at how he talked about his family.

"The little family is growing I see" john smiled, before he frowned and looked over at me. "whose this?"

"Valerie, my wife" Alex didn't look at me when he said that, and instead watched the movements John was making.

"She's pregnant I see, when's her due date?" Although he wasn't speaking to me, I decided to answer anyways. "June"

"So she talks? Great"

"Anyways you know where everything is right?" Alex nodded before he walked off.

I was about to fallow after him but he was already fine and this john guy had kept me, as he had begun talking. "Listen, I don't know who you are, but Hayley was a better fiancé to him, he doesn't deserve you"

"Hayley?" I asked, anger flooded through me. "Fiancé?" I scoffed. He was rude.

"Yes, Hayley, my sister"

I stayed quiet, tears had sprang to my eyes, and I didn't exactly know why. But it had to of been the hormones.

"Oh he didn't tell you?"

A/n

Edited