When The Walls Come Crashing Down...

Paul angrily and nervously paced the floor of the emergency room's trauma unit. He had last seen his daughter as the paramedics were wheeling her into the treatment room; her dark eyes looking up at him with fear as she softly whispered "Daddy."

He had called his mother, Gene, Ace, and Eric all from the phone in his truck on his way to the hospital; each of them were there now and playing the waiting game with him.

"I'm sure she's okay, buddy..." Eric said, offering his compassion.

"I'm just glad she's found and we have her back..." Gene added.

The door of Santana's room swung open as two orderlies gently rolled her out on a different stretcher than she had been brought in on.

"Santana!!!" Paul exclaimed, running to his daughter's side; finding her eyes closed and her unresponsive to him. "Angel...? It's daddy..."

Tears filled his eyes as he looked up at the doctor who had been tending to Santana; his temper then blew as he lunged toward him, only to be grabbed and held back by Gene and Eric.

"What the hell?! What did you do to my little girl?!" He demanded. "She was awake when they brought her in!! We've been apart almost a month and I only get five damn minutes with her?!"

"Paul, calm down!!" Gene barked, holding his best friend back.

"Take it easy, Mr. Stanley." The doctor spoke calmly. "She's in a great deal of pain, I gave her a sedative to help her sleep." He informed. "She should be up and awake by morning."

"How is she?" Eric asked, keeping his hold on Paul.

"She has some serious bruises along with a few deep cuts and gashes, the one on her head being the worst of it all." The doctor explained. "Mr. Criss cushioned her impact and took the full force of the crash, he actually saved Ms. Stanley's life..."

"Because he loves her..." Ace whispered. "...and she loves him..." He added, seeing Paul's eyes narrow toward him at his comment.

"I'm want to keep her here for a few days under observation." The doctor said, bringing Paul's attention back to him. "There are a few more tests we'd like to run on her."

Paul slowly nodded, finally agreeing to the doctor's orders.

"We're moving her up to a private room; once she's admitted and we get her settled in, you're more than welcome to see her." The doctor offered. "She'll be in Room Four-Twenty-Four."

"Thank you, doctor." Gene said.

"No problem at all." The doctor smiled, turning to heading down the hallway.

Going over to the elevator, the orderlies then headed up to the room being assigned for Santana as Paul lost sight of his daughter yet again.

A cluster of staff then appeared; nearly knocking them all out of the way and definitely getting their attention as a stretcher was quickly wheeled out of another room, racing toward the elevator.

"GET HIM UP TO SURGERY!!! STAT!!!" A panicked but professional voice suddenly ordered, getting all of their attention.

"HIS VITALS KEEP DROPPING!!! WE'RE GOING TO LOSE HIM!!!" Another voice said.

"LIKE HELL WE ARE!!! MOVE!!! MOVE MOVE!!!" The first voice barked as staff members quickly complied to orders.

Watching the scene unfold before them, they all wondered what was going on. Stepping out of the way of the elevator to allow them through, their eyes then fell upon a familiar face lying unconscious and barely clinging to life upon the stretcher.