2*Mr Xavier Charming*

"Mr Mayor had gathered you all here to let you aware of the matter in hand

"Mr Mayor had gathered you all here to let you aware of the matter in hand." The guy, named Jace, spoke it out loud and glanced every single person with his eyes wide open.

"Two days ago, This boy Jonas Ric and Felicity Quen came into my office for some help." Mr Mayor said while his eyes narrowed and his finger pointing at the boy and later on the girl as he introduced their names. "They told me that their parents won't allow their meet up. As you all know, This town has some rules. Which definitely forbids obscenity and going into a relationship before seeking my permission, it is for your own good. But they two, they denied it and had intercourse time to time." As he finished speaking, everyone's jaw dropped. Felicity turned her head down in shame and tears rolled down her eyes.

Who had made these rules and why are we bound to follow them? it's our life and we are adults, I thought and cringed hard.

"Than this girl came to me to make a deal. She offered me one night with her so that I won't tell no one about her actions." Mr. Mayor said in a proud tone. I can see the frown and pain on Jonas' face. His face cocked to see his girl, complaining for what he had just came to know.

"It is not true." Felicity cried silently. Her father slapped her across face and slammed her against the road as he kicked her.

"No, do not touch or disrespect your daughter." Mr. Mayor charged after the old man and grabbed him away from the girl. I couldn't believe he mentioned respect because saying things like those in front of her father and then expect him to stay put was unbelievable.

"But I turned down her offer. I respect the girls, ladies, and folks of my town. I would never disrespect a girl, let alone sleepi---" he rubbed his face in his hands and sighed as if it was hard for him to speak the last part. In no time, I heard claps, the crowd praising him for his saint nature. It was a bit hard for me to swallow his innocence, I've seen a little devil in his eyes.

"But she kept insisting, instigating me. Then I decided to punish them for obscenity." Mr Mayor gave a jerk to his coat and held his head high in pride. Once again, the claps echoed the town.

"He is lying. He called me in his office to help me with this matter and there he---" She stuttered and cried, her father tried to hit her again but Mayor stood between them. "He raped me." she completed and the people started chattering, cussing the girl for lying and calling a saint bad.

"It is okay. She is depressed and I think she is trying her level best to escape from her sins, yet committing others." Jace, who I came to know was Mayor's assistant referred and gestured the guards to bring a suitcase.

"Now, Jace." Mayor mumbled, standing before him. "You have two choices. Either you stay here and loose that one finger where you had worn a ring of her name or you can leave this town once and for all with a hand full of money." Mayor opened up the suitcase full of money to show the boy how much he can do with it.

"No," Felicity softly pleaded through her eyes. She looked at Jace to make him stay, but he denied listening to her because in his eyes she has lost her value after the accusations Mr Mayor had put on her.

"Also, if you decide to leave, Felicity will lose her finger. Choice is yours." Saying this, Mayor slightly walked past then them to one side. There were more important issues that needed his attention, like his cuff links. His mere attention was on the cuff links, with his head bowed down.

"Forgive me for doing this but you deserve it. And you are a girl, you don't need a finger but I do. I've to do the hard work." Jonas declared shamelessly and hugged the suitcase, walking slowly away from the folks. While everyone was busy looking at him, I stole a glance from Mr Mayor, who had this weird smirk of victory on his face.

"Wait." Mr Mayor suddenly called the guards to halt the boy.

"But we have a deal." Jonas was shaking when the guards held him and took away the suitcase.

"It was a test, not a deal. You were equally into all the shameless sins with this girl so how come you get a good out of it and she gets the punishment?" the triumph was visible on his face, "I, Mayor Xavier Charming, declare three fingers off of Jonas hands and Felicity to marry Mr Mark, who in the age of eighty is not able to do any of his work. She'll be serving him and giving him the pleasures a wife should serve and if they both are seen together ever, the punishment will be severe." I gasped in terror as I heard him stating that. The folks had blindly started to praise him, the girl's father looked please. He was happy that Mr Mayor and settled his girl's life while it was injustice with an eighteen years old girl to marry an eighty year old man.

The next thing I heard were the cried from the young couple, they kept pleading and begging. I looked here and there, someone might came forward but seemed like everyone was happy.