2 | FLASHBACKS

The Clearwater girl was tired. The previous night, she couldn't fall asleep, thoughts going round and round in her head. After the service she immediately went home not even going to the tea drinking and sandwich eating that would happen after the funeral. She didn't have the energy for it and slipped away unnoticed but there was one person who notice. The one person who always looked for her presence in a room, Jacob.

Figuring out what she did, he went after her. He banged on the front door of the Clearwater house, ignoring the nervousness and the way his hands was sweating and they way his heart was beating like it might jump out of his chest, determined not to leave until he saw her.

It was with annoyance that Tessa pulled opened the door and looked at the culprit, hand raised in the air to bang on the door some more. Their eyes locked and Jacob froze. Looking into those eyes, Tessa knew exactly who was standing on her door step. The thing that happened next took both of them by surprise. Jacob's legs gave in and he fell to his knees. He had heard of imprinting from Sam and Jared and he liked to hope that one day someone would come along and cure him from the love that he had for Tessa Clearwater - not that he though it was possible but he had hoped. Now he had imprinted on her and although a part of him was sacred but the other part? It was like he had always known she is his soulmate. Like his heart and soul was just waiting for her to come back.

"Jacob." She whispered and stepped forward to help him up. As she did, confusion immediately filled her. Like Seth and Sam, he was taller - at least a head taller, causing her to just reach his shoulder instead of how he was always half an inch shorter than her -, he was buffer - that she could feel as she clutched his bicep to help back to his feet -, he was warmer - even through his jacket, she could feel it. As she let go of his arm, she could have sworn she felt a jolt off electricity go through her from touching him.

They stared at one another for a while, just basking in the fact that they are in each other's presence again. She had to admit, he has changed since she saw him last, he is much taller and his new hair cut was working for him, it brought out his attractiveness and made him look sexy. Her eyes widened at her thoughts and her heartbeat sped up. Eventually, after she calmed down her heartbeat, Tessa broke the silence.

"Come in." Those were two simple words but they ment a lot to Jacob. She wanted him in her home and didn't send him away. She knew she should have told him to leave but she couldn't. For the past two years she had been trying to forget that night but as she was walking with him only a couple of feet away, it seemed impossible.

"Coffee?" She asked over her shoulder, afraid to look in his eyes again. It made her feel things that she has never felt before. It was the same reason she left.

This time, she could run even if she wanted to. But she didn't know that. Yet.

"Yes, please." He answered her, grinning from behind her. He was exstatic that she wanted to spend time with him. They fell in silence again and it stayed that way even after they were in the kitchen. Tessa put on the kettle and layed against the counter. Jacob did the same, just opposite her. Both of them had so much to say but neither had any idea how to start. Thea felt guilty as she thought about how she ran away from him. She knew it was stupid but that didn't stop the feeling. She didn't like the way he made her feel but at the same time, she loved it.

"Why are you here, Jacob?" It felt so good to say his name again after not saying it for two years. He let a shiver pass through his body from the way his name sounded from her lips. He gave her a sheepish smile before answering.