3 | A CASE OF DENIAL

Tessa was annoyed. Highly annoyed. Ever since their talk yesterday, she couldn't for the life her get Jacob out of her thoughts. Leah watched her sister in amusement as she knew what was on her mind, Tessa told her when she came home. And Jacob had been telling, to every wolf that wanted to listen, that he imprinted on her sister. When he told her, she was surprised but she just snorted and said that she would have been more surprised if he didn't imprint on Tessa. Everyone could see from a mile away that the crush from years ago developed into love, even if she wasn't here but now that she was, Leah knew they were going to get together. It was only a matter of time.

"I need someone to run erand for me." Sue said suddenly, bringing the twins out of their thoughts.

"Tessa can do it. She needs to show face and get her mind over a certain someone." Leah teased and Tessa shot her a glare but nodded to her mom anyway.

"Well, take Seth with you." Sue told her, smiling slightly - she got a phone call from Billy Black this morning who told her that Jacob imprinted on her youngest daughter - and Tessa nodded again and realised her brother wasn't anywhere to be seen.

"Where is he?" The youngest girl asked in confusion. What kind of a teenager woke up before noon on a Sunday morning?

"At Sam's." Leah answered, spitting out his name like always and Tessa winced but her confusion stayed put.

"Why?" Tessa questioned in disbelief.

"Reasons." Her mother said vaguely and when Leah nodded, Tessa huffed but didn't say anything.

Making her way to her former best friends house was easier than she expected. The not so easy part? The possiblity of seeing her cousin again. It was something Tessa dreaded. She and her cousin were almost as close as Leah and Tessa but not near to where Thea and Sam was. That changed when Emily and Sam got together. When Leah phoned her with the news, she was a sobbing mess and Tessa wanted to catch the first flight out and confront her best friend and her cousin, but Leah refused.

Stopping infront of the house, she smiled slightly in rememberance. There was good memories in the house. Sam was two years older than her and they were always together, everyone thought they were going to get together in a romantic way but they were proven wrong when Tessa declared that Sam and Leah would be perfect for one another and started playing cupid. It didn't take much either, they hit of perfectly and was very happy together, until Emily came along. Tessa knew she couldn't blame her, it wasn't like she planned to fall for Sam. Hell, she came to help plan the wedding because Tessa wasn't there but in a way, she still blamed her. Not as much as she used to though, if only the same could be said about Leah.

Making her way to the front door, Tessa felt nervous. What would she say to Sam? What would she say to Emily? The door was open and she shook her head. Her eyes widened as she saw seven figures, all along the lines of Sam, Seth and Jacob's size. They all sat around a table, appearing to be waiting for food. She looked around and it was then that she locked eyes with Emily Young. The plate in Emily's hands dropped to the floor from shock as she looked at her cousin, blinking to see if she wasn't halucinating but when Tessa didn't dissapear she knew it was real. Tessa heard about Emily's accident and she imagined something much worse that the three scars on her face, so this didn't really bother her.

The boys turned to see what had shocked Emily so deeply and they were shocked themselves. A smile immediately formed on Jacob's face when he layed eyes on his imprint and stared at her. Feeling a burning stare on her, she looked to the source and locked eyes with the person that has been in her mind all morning long and an grin broke out on her face. The pack saw this and everyone, except Sam and Emily, let out snickers that was loud enough to pull the two out of their staring.