4 | STAYING

They say that sometimes a best friend becomes like a limb and when you lose that limb, you lose a part of yourself. Tessa never understood what that ment until the day that she cut of all ties with Sam when he betrayed Leah. She would never admit it to anyone but selfishly, she wished that she could have both her twin sister and her best friend but she knew that as long as Leah didn't forgive Sam, she wouldn't let him back into her life again, no matter how much she wanted to.

This all came to mind as she was laying on the living room couch, busy watching TV but for some reason, her thoughts kept going one of two directions: Jacob and what Danny said at the store yesterday- that was something she wanted to avoid for as long as possible, or her friendship with Sam. Okay, so neither of those are particularly good options but the latter seemed like the most appealing one.

"Hey sis." Seth's voice brought her out of her thoughts and she looked over to him with a smile to see him sliding his back pack onto the floor. She made a mental note to tell him to take it upstairs before their mother came home as she sat up from her laying position. Sue went back to work for the first day as well but it felt to Tessa that her mother just wanted to stay busy and not think about it.

"Hey little brother. How was school?" She asked him seriously. It was the first time since their father's death that he had gone back to school. He plopped down next to her on the couch before he answered.

"Good. A little strange but the kids didn't stare as much as I thought they would." He answered honestly. Thea nodded with a small smile, happy with his answer when a thought came to mind.

"Hey," She called for his attention as it was on the TV and he turned to her. " I made macaroni with cheese sause." The second the words entered Seth's ears, his face was transformed into a happy grin, he shot up from the couch and bolted to the kicthen. Chuckling, Tessa followed him and when she entered the kitchen she laughed at the sight. Seth was stacking his plate with more macaroni that she would eat in two helpings.

"Mom said that with your growth spurt came a caynon sized appetite, I see she wasn't exaggerating." She said with another chuckle passing her lips and Seth gave her a sheepish smile but dished another spoon full.

"Yeah." He said nodding and took a fork from the cutlery drawer. "But you make the best mac and cheese sause so I might have taken a little more. I mean, its been two years since I've had it." He admitted and Tessa gave him a soft grin.

"It's okay. Besides, I figured that you would eat a lot of it. Big appetite or not." She told him and he nodded in agreement as her walked out of the kicthen and back to her living room. Both of them knew Seth was taking a chance but she would let it go this once but Tessa wouldn't let it become a habit. Reaching the living room, the siblings took the seats that they previously occupied. Sitting in silence, Tessa watched with fascination as Seth was eating his food like he is food vacuum.

"Wow." Was the word that left Tessa's mouth when Seth took his last bite of food. "I have never seen anything like that before. " She told him with wide eyes and he scrathed the back of his neck. "But that's okay." She assured him and let out a breath of relief.

"Really?" He questioned.

"Yeah. I mean I've seen worse things." She told him and curiosity bloomed in Seth.

"Like what?" He asked, his curiousity shining in his eyes as he looked at her.

"Like walking in on my college roommate while she was getting it on with her boyfriend." Tessa told him and pulled a face of disgust and Seth mirrored her.