8 | NOT SO SMART

"It is not a date."

"Sure it's not." Came her sisters sarcastic retort.

"It's not!" Tessa exclaimed and her mother chuckled and her brother snickered at the twins' banter. It was the night of the bonfire and they were all standing in the kitchen, helping their mother with last minute things for the food when Leah took it upon herself to start teasing her twin.

Sighing in frustration Tessa said, "Look, I told him that if he wants to take me on a date, he's going to have to do it properly. And I do hope that you get all of your teasing over with now so that when it's the actual date, you won't bother me."

"Oh we're not going to bother you." Seth piped up with a mischievous smile. "We're going to torture you." He stated with an innocent smile and Leah made a noise of agreement. Tessa was about to say something when there was a knock on their door.

"Saved by the knock." Tessa said with narrowed eyes to her siblings and excitedly exited the kitchen, leaving behind an amused mother and two snickering siblings. Oh how she would get them back one day when the roles are swapped.

A warm body tackled Tessa as soon as the door was opened and she knew exactly who it belonged to. She wrapped her arms around his waist and laid her head against her chest. They haven't seen each other since Jacob told her that they were soul mates. Jacob was on patrol a lot and the times he wasn't, he was passed out from exhaustion. And not seeing his imprint for a few days, well that took a toll on him and it made him moody.

"So, you do own a shirt." Tessa teased playfully as they pull apart.

"Sorry to disappoint, I know you prefer me without one." He retorts with a cheeky smile and blood rushes to Tessa's cheeks.

"Whatever." Is her lame comeback and he chuckled. She didn’t deny it, it’s true.

“Should we go?” He asked, taking pity on his imprint and not wanting to scare her away. Relieved at the change of subject, Tessa nods before quickly heading back inside to grab a jacket. But not before throwing an apple at Seth’s head when he made kissing noises at her.

***

Tessa didn’t feel the same dread up in her as she looked Sam’s house like the last time she was there. That might have something to do with the werewolf walking besides her. Werewolf. It was still surreal to think that Jacob’s body could morph into a gigantic wolf. She smiled goofily as she remembered the russet colored wolf she saw that rushed to protect her.

“What are you smiling about?” Jacob asked as they two started walking to the back entrance of Sam’s house seeing as the bonfire was held out back. He was a little jealous, because he wants to be the one that could make her smile like that but he wouldn’t admit it out loud. 

In any case, he didn’t need to. Tessa knew he was jealous. “I was thinking about your wolf.” She admitted with a faint blush on her cheeks. “So, you stop frowning and looking like someone waved a baggie of poop in front of your nose.” The girl teased in an effort to compose herself.

“Oh, would you like me to show you sometime?” He offered, his fingers twitching and his hands turning into fists as he kept himself from doing what he wanted. Which is to take her hand in his own but he doesn’t want to push her. She smiled as she noticed his hand clenching and unclenching, his fingers wiggling.