Papercuts

A/N I will warn you there will be some self harm in this book but I just think it is right for Alec's character.

Alec ran down the cold, dark streets or New York City with tears streaming down his eyes and a hot lump in his throught. He abruptly stopped and rested against a pub wall, he had cut wounds all over his wrists and fore arms, but somehow the feeling of the pain felt, somewhat ...good.

He knew it was bad... stupid to think that way but, it just felt right. he took out a small blade and ran it across his wrists and winced closing his eyes and slowing his heartbeat down. he whispered in a hushed voice " a million little paper cuts" he gasped "everyday,everyday"

He whimpered softly and slid down to rest his head in his knees on the sidewalk.

~~~~

Magnus still followed Alec through the streets, he knew Alec didn't know of his presence. Alec rounded a corner and Magnus hid in the shadows and watched. Magnus bit his lip at what he saw, the boy was weeping and murmuring something about papercuts. then Magnus remembered what Alec had said to Isabelle on their way to Luke's farmland. He had said 'it's not a stab wound you can protect me from, it's a million little papercuts everyday.' Magnus had regretted what he'd done the moment he did it but this, this had killed his Alec, and he had to fix what had done before the shadowhunter boy was gone was gone.

He walked back to his apartment and his eyes were burning with tears. He was afraid, afraid of what Alec would do next,of what he himself could do to help. He knew if he immediately came up to Alec with forgiveness that Alec would turn him down in sorrow. Magnus had watched enough romance movies to know what he had to do, he had to pretend everything was normal, and when the time was right, flee to Alec's side and confess.

A/N Magnus did NOT see Alec cut himself okay? I changed it because I have plans. Evil author laugh. oh good lord I called myself an author, yeah I'm not really one.