It's a War

CHAP 3

After what seemed like decades Alec's cheeks had dried and his wrists had stopped bleeding. The young boy walked in to the pub and ordered a drink. He walked around looking at other men, trying to find someone to ease his pain, but no one could do that but his warlock.

After hours of trying to get a conversation out of someone, Alec decided to go home. But how could he? How could he let everyone see him, he wore his pain on the outside. Still he would have to go.

He knew the first time Camille had spoken to him that he shouldn't trust her. Then she offered him something he thought would prove to himself that Magnus could be his forever.

He was a coward.

After walking up the deserted streets Alec got out his knife and etched the word into his skin.

Coward.

It described him very well, did it not?

If he could describe the pain, he would say it was like you were getting picked up In a tornado, and landing in a war. A war between yourself and sanity.

•••

Alec was about a block away from the institute. He walked slow dreading what might happen, who all might see him. When he arrived at the door he pulled his shaking hand on to the cold door handle. Alec took a deep breath and twisted the handle. The door cracked open he didn't see anyone. He took a chance and ran up the staircase towards his room, but Isabelle had beaten him there.

"Is-Isabelle, wha-what are you doing?" He stammered.

She was sitting in his bed smiling at a picture of them and Jace when they were twelve in Idris. When she heard him she jumped up,dropping and cracking the frame.

"Um sorry about that. I was looking for you" she paused staring him in the eye "what were you doing? And why are your eyes red?"

Luckily Alec had a long black jacket over his gear to cover his cuts.

"Oh you know allergies... And I was just waking around for once, getting some needed fresh air" Alec was a good liar. Sometimes.

She stared at him for a while, he saw her eyes dart to the side and her eyebrows scrunch up. But just as quick she looked back and smiled

"Oh well good for you Alec, we all need that right now."

As the girl walked out and slammed the door Alec collapsed on the bed.

He had no idea what to do next.

~~~

Isabelle walked to her room, Alec's voice was raspy and his eyes were red. She thought perhaps he had gone out to drink and had a hard time coming back.

oh well I guess I should call Magnus see what he has been up to

And so she did. The phone ringed 3 times before he picked up.

•••

Magnus sat on his bed thinking why he did what he did. His phone rang from his kitchen. It rang.

Once.

He didn't want to talk to anyone at this point.

Twice.

It could be Alec he thought.

So he leaped up took a deep breath and grabbed the phone.

Three rings.

He answered without checking who it was.

"Hello? Magnus are you okay?"

It was Isabelle.

oh no. He thought. Isabelle

He had to act annoyed by the call.

"Yes this is him and I'm doing just great." He paused "what do you want" he said in a snappy tone.

" well Alec is... Actually I have no idea what is wrong with him except he came back all bloody, but you might know, so do you?" She sounded worried.

"I don't know nor do I care. Goodbye" Magnus slammed the phone on the table. He felt sick. He ran out of the room knocking the phone on to the floor and cracking it all over,but he didn't care.

He dropped down to the ground and gasped for air. Magnus hugged his knees and put his head between his legs. He knew what was coming so he tried to calm down. But it did not work, the waves of tears and large gasps of air hit him. Anxiety attack. Many thought Magnus Bane couldn't break, but he could, and he would only ever break because of Alec.

•••

Isabelle threw her phone down on her bed.

Maybe they were just in a fight. Alec wouldn't over react if it was

though.

Something is wrong with him

A/n this is been awesome I'm actually getting reads! thanks so much for reading!