Convention

I'M NOT DEAD! yeah so I'm gonna update at the weekends from now on because it will be easier for me and stuff, hope this is okay with everyone.  <3

Flug's Pov

Villains. Villains everywhere. It was quite overwhelming, despite coming were countless times before the fear is always there. Everyone few months Black Hat drags me out to this huge evil convention thing even though I've protested every single time. Although this time is different from all the rest of our visits. This time I'm accompanying Black Hat not just as his employee but his partner. 

We were walking down to the stage which was placed at the very end of the building, so Black Hat could give a speech about young and new villains. The other villains around us must have been able to see something was 'off' between us because they were daring to even prod and poke at me as I walked behind Black Hat.He didn't seem bothered, that was until a large navy skinned man (probably a demon) snatched my wrist and pulled me up into the air.

"Quite a small and pathetic human you've chosen here. Does it scream when its injured like the rest-" Slash. Black Hat's claws struck across his face causing him to drop me.

I looked up from the ground to Black Hat who looked furious. He hadn't changed his form in the slightest, even when he attacked him. The other demon wiped his face with the sleeve of his blazer before letting loose a low growl. 

Black Hat shifted his form into one of a four-legged creature with eyes and mouths scattered over its surface. He brought his front paws past my body making him stand over me. He was protecting me... My mind raced. What will happen if he fights the other creature, will he get hurt, why is he acting like this? but my thoughts came to a halt when he said 

"Get the fuck off my imprint" 

I didn't know much of how demons acted or their laws but I knew 'imprint' meant it was theirs and theirs only, unshareable and important. But to claim something/someone they had to make a mark on them along with the scent of the 'owner'. For example, a signature. But Black Hat hasn't imprinted on me, he said he would if we ever got married but that hasn't happened! 

"I don't smell nor see your claim? Plus why would you want a human as your companion when our females and males are perfect!  It's just a pathetic excuse of flesh" The other demon exclaimed while holding the left side of his face.

Black Hat growled and shifted back to normal before pulling out from under his shirt a small black fang hooked onto a black string. After taking it off he placed it over my neck. 

"He's like me in some ways... I feel... I feel understood and respected by him, not because he fears me no because he accepts me as I am. unlike the rest of our species, he tried to help me. Even after I hurt him he tried! But then again I don't expect a creature like a Jikininki to understand that. Finally, now he has a temporary one so back off before I show every single villain here why I'm king of this business!" His voice made my stomach flip and my heart to skip. 

Even now he scared me not by much but still enough to get my heart beating fast. The other seemed annoyed but backed away slowly and cautiously. I think he thought Black Hat would jump him or something.When he was gone Black Hat picked me up bridely style and carried me the rest if the way. 

I really hate these conventions!