05

I went up to Hayley's room. I knock on the door...no answer.

"Hayley. I need to talk to you please. If you would, meet me downstairs in the living room."

Still no answer. He headed downstairs. He waited for about an hour and a half. Then he heard footsteps coming down the stairs. 

"Hayley?"

"No brother."

"Hello Kol."

"Why so glum brother?" A hint of amusement and worry in his words.

"Hayley won't speak to me."

"Why not?"

"I don't know. We were talking one minute and the next she wouldn't talk to me."

"I will be right back."

"Alright."

Kol's POV

"I will be right back." I told Elijah.

"Alright."

I went upstairs to Hayley's room.

"Hayley, darling. Can I come in?"

I heard the sound of the door being unlocked. I walk in and she gives me a hug. 

"Let's go out. We can talk where theres no prying ears."

She nodded. We went out the window just for the fact she didn't want to see Elijah.

"Now. Darling, you need to tell me EXACTLY what happened."

"Elijah was talking about how the people who love each other weren't talking to each other and I'm really upset about what he said."

"And why are you upset by what he said."

"..."

"Come on darling. Don't be scared. I promise I won't tell him."

"...I love him."

I was taken completely aback. Elijah wanted to kiss her after he found everyone in under a minute. I didn't tell her that. I would have no part in messing with they're relationship.

"Has he tried talking to you since he said that?"

"Yes...but I walked out on him. He asked me what I felt for him. He didn't say that he loved me or anything. I don't want to get hurt. Maybe I should leave New Orleans. Klaus and me can share custody of Hope and I can start new."

"No no no no no no. No. Absolutely not. I love you like a sister. You can't leave."

"I don't want to be near him."

"Ok then ignore him. I would have sided with my brother on this, but he needs to learn to watch what he says or he could lose someone he l-...someone in his life. Do what you want. Ignore him or not."

"Thanks Kol."

"You're welcome. I wouldn't do this for just anyone you know."

We walked back in through the front door. Elijah was sitting on the sofa reading a book.

He looked up.

Hayley's POV

I looked up and saw his beautiful brown eyes. I quickly look away and run upstairs. I'm a hybrid so I listen in to they're conversation.

Elijah:Why is she so upset with me?!

Kol:I'm not allowed to say. Goodnight brother.