Chapter 10 ~Girls Night

Lily woke up to her alarm blasting with an annoying sound. She reluctantly reached for it and switched it off. She closed her eyes and talked to her father in heaven.

It was a Saturday and she was tired of not going to work. Her arm was fully healed so she called Gary to tell him she'd be able to come to work on Monday. Above all, she needed the money. According to her calculations, she needed two more months of work for her money to be enough. Lily was saving up to start her own café. Sure it had taken years for the money to come together but now it was finally going to happen. She would enjoy the freedom of not answering to anyone, waking up late and having more time to herself.

Someone pounded on her door. She groaned as she walked to the door. The person pounded again.

"I'm coming." Lily shouted.

When the door finally clicked open, Lily was tackled to the ground buy a giant hug.

"I missed you sooo much." Lizzy said.

Lizzy was almost suffocating her with her tight hug. She finally let her go.

"I missed you too. Sorry I had to cancel the sleepover. Something came up."

"By something do you mean that?" She asked pointing at Lily's bandage.

Lily internally blamed herself for not removing the bandage. Lizzy would go crazy if she found out what happened.

"Yeah."

"What happened?"

Lily knew she couldn't lie to her.

"I got mugged."

"Oh no! Why didn't you tell me? I feel like a bad friend. Are you okay? Are you in pai-"

"I'm fine. Totally healed. No need to worry about me and you're the best friend ever"

"I'm glad to hear that." Lizzy grinned.

"Enough of the boring stuff. What's up for the day?"

"I'm sleeping over but for now...."

"But for now?"

***

Lizzy had forced Lily to go shopping. She was positive that they had visited every shop in the mall. Her feet were killing her and they didn't even buy many things. Lily bought two jackets since the weather had been getting more colder by the day and Lizzy bought two summer dresses. The girl wouldn't let the cold weather get in her way of looking good. The only reason why they took so long at the mall was that Lizzy was very picky. She didn't like most of the things there.

Lily's mind was more focused on other things. Rhys hadn't contacted her and his phone wasn't going through so she was worried. Rachel said he was coming to work but Lily still worried.

Another problem was Matthew. Now that was a problem she didn't want to think about. She wasn't sure if she was even making progress or not. He was just cold and when there was a flicker of heat, it would disappear just as fast as it came.

The duo unpacked their new clothes and tried them on. Afterwards Lizzy was jumping up and down like an excited puppy.

"What is it Lizzy?"

"You owe me an explanation."

"I do?"

"Yes! Who's that guy you brought to bible study. You refused to tell me over the phone. Is he your boyfriend?"

"No." Lily rushed to say.

That earned a smirk from Lizzy. She raised an eyebrow.

"He's going to be. Anyways where did you get him. What's the deal between you two?"