Chapter 23 ~ Turnaround

Matthew looked at the envelope in his hand and wondered what it could be. He went to his car and sat down. He carefully opened the envelope and saw the white paper and read it. Again, for the second time that day, Matthew cried. Matthew went back inside and went straight to Pastor Justin.

"I need to talk to you."

Pastor Justin nodded in understanding. He must have sensed the urgency in his voice.

"Okay let's go to my office."

An hour later Matthew came out a different man. He had finally accepted Christ. He had sat down and listened to Pastor Justin and Pastor Philip talk. The wisdom that came from then was very surprising to him. He finally realized that God's ways are different from our ways. God cares for us and we may never understand what he does but he loves us. Matthew finally realized that his mother was in a better place.

Matthew was the most peaceful he had ever been. He was beginning to see the world from a different perspective. Everything was making more sense and he had no worry in his mind. For once in his life he didn't need to be in control. He had put his life in God's hands and he was in control. His phone rang.

"Quinton."

"Boss. Yo-"

"Its Matthew to you."

Quinton and Matthew came way back with each other. Somewhere on the way, the friendship changed into a boss-employee association. Q never left Matthew though.

"Boss are you sure?" Quinton asked in shock.

"Yes and what is it?"

"It's Andrew."

"What about him?"

"He has a fiancée boss. He's getting married next month."

Matthew couldn't believe it. Finally something positive had happened. Now all he had to do was find Lily and Andrew so that he can expose the cheater.

"Get me a location on Andrew's car."

"Yes bos-Matthew."

Matthew smiled. God was already working for him only fifteen minutes after he became a Christian. Should have done this sooner he told himself.

                              ★★★★★★★

Lily and Andrew were walking at the park. Lily was enjoying her ice cream as she listened to Andrew talk. Andrew was perfect. The perfect Christian, perfect gentleman and the man who always knew the perfect words to say. Lily looked at him and realized that she didn't want perfection. Matthew was not perfect, he wasn't a Christian, he was no gentleman and was always rude but Lily realized that she wanted him and not this perfect guy in front of her. Lily wanted to leave there and then but she wasn't one to be rude so she kept listening.

"There's this spot at the far end of the park. You have to see it. Its awesome." Andrew told her.

"Is it?" He nodded his head. "Then I guess I have to see it for myself."

Andrew told stories of his family. She found his aunt particularly entertaining. Their surroundings were getting more and more excluded. They finally reached the spot and it was beautiful. It was a little pond with a few flowers surrounding it.

"Wow it is beautiful."

"Told you." Andrew said clearly proud of himself.

"How do you even know this place?" Lily asked.

"My friends and I used to come here when I was younger. We'd play hide and seek and just run around here."

"Sounds like fun."

"It was fun. I feel like when Jesus says be like little children, that's what he meant. Carefree and happy. No worry or stress. Knowing your father's got your back."

Lily thought for a moment and nodded her head, acknowledging the revelation.

"Lily?"

"Huh."

"If you were stuck between a rock and a hard place, where would you go?"

Lily wondered what brought about that question. It was very odd to say the least.

"I guess I would push through the hard place. Why such an odd question?"

"That's where I am right now. I'm stuck in between."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah it's just that I met these-"

"Look who we have here." Someone said.

Andrew and Lily both turned around. Two big, very big men stood behind them. One had a scar on his face and the other had really huge arms. They were scary looking people.

"So this is her." Scar face said walking around her.

"I never really thought that she was his type. He is more into tramps."

Lily wondered what the whole thing was about. She looked at Andrew but his face was straight, he was emotionless.

"What are you guys doing?" Lily finally asked.

"Kidnapping you, sweet thing. Lover boy here was more than willing to deliver you to us." Scar face said, motioning to Andrew.

Lily looked at Andrew but there was nothing from him. He even had a smug smile on his face.

"He's not gonna rescue you. Come on let's go." Long arms said.

Kidnap. Kidnap who? As if she was gonna let them.

"I'm not going anywhere." Lily said folding her arms in front of her.

"Okay sweet cheeks. We'll do this the hard way." Scar face said.

He began dragging Lily by the arm but she wasn't having it. She kicked, punched and made as much noise as possible. She was being dragged into the woods and she wouldn't go down without a fight. She bit Scar face's arm and that's when he lost it.

"Knock her out." He commanded.

A second later, a cloth was on her face. The moment she breathed in, everything went black.

                                   ★★★★★★★

Matthew got the location and immediately drove towards the place. On arrival, he found the car but no one was present. Matthew looked around but nothing.  He walked from one end of the park to another but saw nothing. He had almost given up when something shone in the grass.

He approached with caution and saw that it was a bracelet. Not just any bracelet but the one Lily had on that day. The grass was trampled upon, a clear sign of a struggle. Matthew panicked. He took his phone and called Q.

"Quinton. Get Amy, Chad, Henry and Deckard here now!"

"What's wrong boss?"

"Andrew. He might be a serial killer for all I know. He took Lily. Get here now!"

"Yes boss."

Matthew paced up and down. The team better arrive on time. They had to find Lily as soon as they could. He couldn't afford to lose her. He couldn't afford to lose another person he cared about. Stay alive Lily. I'm coming for you.

******************************************************************

Who exactly is Andrew? What's going on? Are you confused? Stay tuned for answers😝 With love from

ThatChristianKid

07/08/2017