Chapter 30 ~ Finally

It had been a week since the kidnapping incident. Her parents had demanded an explanation from her. She told them everything and they demanded to meet Matthew. It was a Sunday and she had a family lunch and she was taking Matthew with. She couldn't lie that she wasn't nervous because she was.

It was praise and worship time, her favorite time of the whole service. The praise was awesome, she could hardly breath after dancing. Worship time Lily was surprised to see Matthew sing. He led the worship that day and he was fantastic.

"You didn't tell me you could sing like that." Lily complained once church was over.

"You never asked." He defended himself.

"Hi." A deep voice greeted.

Lily turned around and looked at the source. She couldn't believe her eyes. The man who robbed her a few weeks back. He was here, in church.

"Hi. Do you go here now?" She asked.

"Yeah. I'm trying to change my life now."

Lily didn't wait for any apology. She rushed over to him and hugged him.

"I'm so proud of you." She told him.

"Thank you. I-" he began to say but she cut him off.

"It's okay really. Wanna join my family for lunch today?" She asked him.

He hesitated for a moment but he nodded his head. Matthew looked at the exchange wondering what was going on. Matthew was nervous. He was happy that he wasn't the only one going to Lily's house. Lizzy, Rachel, Rhys  and now this guy were also going. He was hopping that would remove all the attention from him.

For the first time since he came back to church, he was greeting others and felt happy doing it. He could feel himself making friends and he wasn't holding back.

Matthew remembered the surprise he felt when they discovered that it was Jack that sent them the location that day. Turns out he knew about the kidnapping. They'd approached him with the job first but he turned it down. There was nothing he could have done really because the men were dangerous. Helping Matthew find Lily was all he could do. Matthew was just glad that they'd found her on time. It had also given Lily assurance that Jack had changed. Now she had no need to worry about Rhys with every second that passed.

When they were a block away from the house Matthew's hands were sweaty. Now he knew how Lily felt when she went to see her father. He had instantly loved her. What was there not to love. Lily stole her father's heart but he wasn't sure her parents would be anywhere near liking him. When he parked, Lily asked the girls who had also parked to take the guy they came inside with them. Once they were gone, Lily looked at Matthew.

"What's wrong baby?" She asked.

"Nothing is wrong."

"Oh really? Your fingers are shaking, your palms are sweaty and you look like you've seen a ghost."

Matthew contemplated but finally asked the question that was bothering him inside.

"What if they don't like me?"

Lily just smiled.

"They will love you. They have to. Be honest and everything will be fine."

Matthew didn't feel any better but he pretended to be okay.

"Okay let's go."

He went out and opened the door for her and they were inside in no time. It wasn't hard to tell who the parents were. Lily walled over to her mom holding Matthew's hand.