| chapter two |

' in the end, we're all
drunk on the idea of love '

"HAILEY! WAKE UP!" The said girl groaned and turned over, pushing her face into the white pillow, trying to block out the noise

"HAILEY! WAKE UP!" The said girl groaned and turned over, pushing her face into the white pillow, trying to block out the noise. "Hailey!"

"Go away!" She moaned, waving her arms.

"Hailey, get up." Chief Swan said sternly, and the brunette groaned, glancing at the time before her mouth fell open.

"IT'S EIGHT O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING! WHY ARE YOU WAKING ME UP?!" She screeched, shocked and angry.

"We have to go see Bella!" Hailey rolled my eyes, not bothered to see her sister.

"You go! I don't want to!"

"Hailey!" Came dad's scolding voice. The brunette groaned but obliged.

'Let's just get this over with.'

Hailey yawned as she got up, walking to her neat and tidy closet. Glancing around, Hailey scanned her closet for an outfit to wear. She slipped on a pair of waist-high blue jeans and a white half tank top and throwing on a multicoloured leather jacket. She slipped on her black heels before glancing at her mirror and nodding, happy with her look.

Grabbing her phone, the beautiful brunette checked through her texts, coming across one that sent a smile up to her face

King❤️👑💦: Hello, Beautiful

Sent 07:38

Queen🌹👑❤️: Hello, Handsome

Sent 08:07

She grinned before turning off the screen and walking down the stairs. She grabbed a granola bar, ripping open the wrapper and biting into it. Hailey got into her car, beeping, signalling her dad to come outside and get it so they could go to the Cullen's house.

She raised a brow at her dad's outfit, surprised. He wore a buttoned-up blue flannel and skinny jeans which were quite formal for Charlie Swan.

"You dressed up," Hailey said bluntly as she switched the gears of her car, reversing out of the driveway before switching the gear again and driving to the Cullen's house.

"Thanks. I like your outfit," Charlie said to which Hailey grinned, loving the compliments she gets from her dad.

"Thank you." The drive was silent as the two sat in an uncomfortable silence.

"So, how have you been?" Charlie asked, awkwardly. He hated being awkward and loathed being in an awkward silence.

"Good." Hailey's answer was short. She wasn't bothered to do anything and was thirsty, so before going to the Cullen's house, Hailey drove to the nearest Starbucks.

"Hailey, why are we going to Starbucks?" Her father asked, cluelessly. Hailey laughed softly.

"I'm getting a drink. Do you want one?" She asked her father, who was looking through the menu that was stuffed somewhere in the car. Her father nodded before telling her what he wanted. They were both in need of caffeine since it was morning.

"Hi. Can I please have two Caffe Latte." She ordered, speaking to the guy from the speaker thingy. They then went to the first window where Hailey paid before going to the next window and collecting their orders, only to stop when she heard a squeal.

"Oh my god! You're Hailey Angel!" The brunette smiled at the girl with the Starbucks apron and hat. She nodded which caused the blonde girl, who worked in Starbucks to squeal louder, gaining attention which made everyone know Hailey was here.

"Yes. Hi." Hailey greeted, flashing them a smile which made them swoon. The blonde gave the two their drinks as well as a napkin which had her phone number on it. Hailey laughed.

"Sweetie, I'm taken." She told them which caused the blonde, Camila, to flush in shame. "But that doesn't mean we can't talk. Let's meet up sometime." She told Camila before driving away to the Cullen's house.

"I see you've made a name for yourself." Hailey nodded.

"Yeah. I've been working with a modelling agency. I'm one of the Victoria Secret Angel's." She told her father who nodded, happy one of his daughter got a job that made her happy.

"I remembered when you'd visit me in a fancy Christmas dress, posing like a model. We even made a red carpet once." He laughed along with Hailey as they both recalled the memory.

"Yeah, I remember. I forced you to do it as well, but you ended tripping and falling face flat." She laughed. Hailey was a daddy's girl. While Bella stopped visiting their dad, Hailey always found an excuse to visit Charlie. She was well known throughout Forks, befriending everyone. But her visits stopped once she got accepted into the Victoria Secret's modelling agency.

"And I'm never going to do that, ever again," Charlie said, a grin on his face. He always enjoyed Hailey's company, and it isn't like he hates Bella, he just prefers his oldest daughter. Maybe it because she's not awkward or because she always visited and told him everything instead of her mother.

"Yeah. Plus, you'd look like a complete idiot if you did that now."