| chapter eight |

' he was the whole sky to her,
not just a star '

' he was the whole sky to her, not just a star '

THE BED WAS SOFT AND WARM. Hailey could feel her boyfriend's arm draped over her, more comforting than any blanket she had ever lay under. She was perfumed by his musky scent, as was her nightgown and her bed sheets and when next she slept alone his smell would make her feel safe and warm and happy.

Hailey ran her hand over his back, the soft hairs tickling the tips of her fingers. She could feel his muscles that hid under the skin that was smoother than she remembered.

Before the model left, Xavier's skin was rough, but now it was as smooth as a baby's bottom. His hair had grown so long now; a thick, black mess. She clutched it in her hands and could feel the gentleness of each strand rubbing at her fingers.

Long and smooth, but he suited it. They way it framed his eyes, and his beautiful face, made her lust for him more than she remembered.

It was only his eyes that remained unchanged, coloured a grey that was colder than the winter sky, yet she found warmth when she looked deep into them. In his eyes, she saw her reflection.

It was her who had changed.
Not on the outside, but the inside.

She had become jealous of anyone who had found love and bitter towards anyone who laughed.

As she looked upon herself, in his perfect grey eyes glistening with love for her, she knew this wasn't real. It must be a dream, she told herself, but it wasn't. Because someone other than her family loves her just like the moon loves the sun.

Hailey wanted to stay with him forever. She couldn't look away, but more than that she didn't want to. She wanted those eyes to be the last thing she ever saw.

Why?

Because the brunette loved him more than herself, he was her everything and would continue to be her everything till the day they die.

Hailey and Xavier were in love, and no person on earth was going to take their love away. Nobody.