| chapter fourteen |

' their love was unique '

XAVIER ALWAYS SAID HAILEY LOVED LIKE A HURRICANE

XAVIER ALWAYS SAID HAILEY LOVED LIKE A HURRICANE. He was right. When he passed, she cried with more violence than any gale. Not to have him right there was a torture to her soul. She didn't break quietly; it was like every atom of her being screamed in unison, traumatised that she should exist without him.

The brunette cried like there was too much raw pain inside her to be contained. She cried like her spirit needed to break loose from her skin, desperate to release an elemental rage on the world.

The soothing words of her sister made no difference at all. Hailey was beyond all reason, beyond all natural methods of calming.

Brick by brick, her walls came tumbling down as she sobbed into Bella's chest unceasingly, hands clutching at her jacket. The younger Brunette held her sister in silence, rocking her slowly as her tears soaked her chest.

A tiny lapse let Hailey pull away, blinking lashes heavy with tears, before the brunette collapsed again, her howls of misery worsening.

The pain must have come in waves, minutes of sobbing broken apart by short pauses for recovering breaths, before hurling her back into the outstretched arms of her grief.

Hailey's heartache was like a lump of red hot coal placed in her chest, it glowed and burnt her at the same time, but it did not cool quickly like coal in water, it throbbed and tortured her in all her waking hours, and there was no relief to be found.

Her heartache was like a wolf eating at her chest, tearing it's way to her trembling heart. It threatened to devour her, eat her whole and leave nothing but scraps behind. But she refused to be the scraps he would leave.

She would rebuild himself and fight off the wolf, but right now she didn't know how. So she did her best to ignore it, she tried doing her favourite things like shopping and paying the piano. But she found she had little appetite for it just like she had little appetite for food or anything else.

And still, the wolf tore at her.