| chapter seven |

' she wore a stupid smile
every time she was with him '

THE COUPLE HAD JUST RETURNED BACK TO THE SWAN HOUSE where Hailey introduced her boyfriend to her dad

"So you're the Xavier I've heard about it?" Charlie Swan said as he watched his daughter walk in with the male.

"Yes sir, I am," Xavier said politely. "It's nice to meet you."

"Right back at you." Hailey was beyond ecstatic that her dad was, surprisingly, okay with her having a boyfriend. "But just remember that I'm a cop." The couple laughed. "I'm serious." Xavier sweatdropped while Hailey rolled her eyes at her father who always tried to be so serious. She was glad he was protective though, it showed that he cared for her.

"Come on." Tugging on her boyfriend's hand, the model dragged him to her room, plopping onto her bed. Turning over, Hailey laid on his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

"I've missed you," Xavier mumbled as he placed a kiss on the brunette's hair.

"I've missed you more." Looking up, Hailey connected their lips. Passion, love and lust were poured into the kiss, both of them becoming rougher until Xavier flipped them over, hovering above his girl as they continued to make out.

"Hey! Go to sleep and stop making out!" Hailey's dad yelled, fist pounding on the door. The couple laughed. Hailey smiled lovingly at her boyfriend. A deep curve on her lips makes the world stop around her.

A smile that brings back a million memories in a split second. The precious dimple that crinkles skips a beat. She has a smile that makes you feel happy about being alive, just a bit more human.

Love shone in their eyes, brightening the stars that hid behind the grey clouds.

"I love you." Hailey sighed in content as Xavier's fingers ran through her straight black hair. Love never says 'I want.' Love asks 'What do you need?' Love asks 'How can I help you?' Love listens with patience and empathy.

Love is demonstrated in how we take action to care and make self-sacrifice where necessary. Love says 'Let's thrive together.' Love offers a helping hand, a full heart and an open mind.

"There is no perfect lover," Xavier started as he looked at his girlfriend with soft brown eyes. "We are all flawed, but knowing those flaws and still loving with all your heart creates perfect love." He continued, his voice going down an octave as love laced his words. "I will never look further than you, my love. If my heart is a flower waiting to bloom, your love is the only sunshine it needs."

Love is the pureness of spirit within ourselves, not a license to judge the pureness of others. With love we support without conditions, demonstrating honour, fairness and compassion. We offer gentle guidance to help the other to a happy and fulfilling life and know that judgement is not our domain.

We cannot ever fully know the sorrows and triggers of another, we can never honestly "walk in their shoes," but with sincere empathy and grace, we show a love that can heal, a love that can make the world a better place one heart at a time.