Love and War. Love and Basketball: Six Part Series-3

Bri

Girl, you long winded." Luke said sitting down.

"You gotta pace yourself." I giggled sitting next to him.

"So where we going after this?" He asked catching his breath.

"Me and Keith usually go to get some ice cream but by the way you just ran up and down this court you need to be getting some Salad." I joked.

"Chunky niggas are in. And besides, I may have a little stomach but I still have some abs."

"No, those are fading away." I laughed.

"I can still take yo bitch though."

I spit my water out laughing at him.

I screwed the top on my bottle and stood up. "That was a good one."

"Can I get some ice cream though. For real."

"Sure. But since I won the game, you have to pay."

"That's cool. I would've paid even if you lost."

"Yeah I know." I said laughing.

Luke ate that ice cream like he hadn't ate in days.

I thought it was actually funny.

Since we were ducked off, he was free to be himself without all the cameras flashing and people running up to him. I got to know him for who he really is.

"I got a question." He said wiping his mouth.

"Shoot."

"Are you a virgin?" He asked me.

I choked on my ice cream.

Patting my chest and coughing at the same time.

I was taken aback at his question. I was never asked that question before and the fact that he was so honest about his question.

"I'm not trying to pressure you. I just think you wouldn't have the time to have a real relationship as much as you ball." He smiled.

"I get it." I giggled. "Yes. I am a virgin." I said.

"Interesting." He smirked.

"I'm saving myself for my husband though. So don't get any ideas." I joked.

"What? Girl, who you talking to?You could be looking at your husband."

"Snap then suh." I said. "As much as I want to sit and chop it up, I have to get to practice." I said.

"Let's get my little star to practice then." He stood up and pulled my chair out for me to get out.

Keith has never done that before.

The whole practice I couldn't help but think about Luke.

He was charming and funny. He definitely had a gift with his words.

Lord, now that I think about it, he would probably be smooth enough to take me right up out my panties.