1 - Strangers

I've been in this room, everything covered in white- it's as if I'm waiting for something but I have no idea what.

Sometimes I'd daze off into dreams- or so I think they're dreams. She'd visit me and walk me through some woods, but I'd wake up to the same white room.

But I guess, this is one of those dreams again- only it's different because she's inside the room with me.

I squint my eyes trying to see her but I never could, she's barefoot as she steps forward, every step turning to grass dissolving the white floor.

I look down and take a step but nothing happens.

She's stepping into a door of light, a tunnel- fading slowly with every step. She turns her head but I still couldn't see her face, I see her hand gesture for me to come to her.

I'm scared but for some reason I want to follow her. My legs take tentative steps, one after the other hesitant and slower with every step until I reach her.

Her hand reaches to mine, hers is warm against my freezing skin- her heat slowly radiating through my body.

"Don't be scared. It's okay- we'll be alright" She whispers but her tainted voice echoes in my head.

She fades into nothingness and my legs start to sprint- I don't know where she's leading me but I know I want to follow her.

My hands tighten and calming waves radiate through from my hand and my eyes slowly flutter open.

The light blinds me, making my eyes squint. I see blurred white making me narrow my eyes, voices mumbling inaudibly, faces soon hover but I can't see any of them.

My vision readjusts slowly and my first sight are a pair of blue orbs with streaks of lighter and darker hues.

"Ryder"

My vision finally settles and I'm looking straight at the woman in front of me, my eyes slide to our intertwined hands and my eyebrows crease together.

I look up to her once again- my mind searching but coming back with none. My fingers loosen from their grip on her hand as I slide my eyes around the room.

I see my mom and Gemma making me feel relieved. My mom takes my other hand up her lips as my other hand completely lets go of the woman with beautiful blue eyes.

"Baby... hi" my mom mutters, her voice breaking.

"Where are we mom?" I asked, my voice barely coming out.

"Darling, we're at the hospital." She says with worried eyes.

My eyes scan the room, recognize a few people but not everyone.

"Who are- why are there strangers here?" I asked once again, my eyes looking at the woman beside me sliding to the others I don't recognize.

All their faces turned to confused and surprised expressions.

"Baby- there are no strangers here" my mom answers gently.

Once again pinning my eyes on her, as if asking her a silent question.

"Who is she?" I let out then turn my head to the woman holding my hand awhile ago.

Her mouth is opened and slightly trembling evident of shock, her eyes watering as if tears are about to fall and her hands goes up to her lips.