9 - Fragments

We're sat in the long conference table at the Capita Office naturally, you get these kinds of call when you cause trouble and the big boss is pissed about it.

I've gotten pretty familiar with the "drag all your asses to Capita right this instant" kind of calls but I haven't seen the Mr. S's face most of the time and I'm surprised when I heard he was coming today.

Judging by how his assistant is sweating bullets, Scoot is unusually more on edge than he usually is when dealing with Capita and Jeff profusely chewing his gum rather violently- I'd say everyone is expecting the urban legends of the legendary Mr. S to bring forth hell in this room and breathe fire to our necks.

"Don't be scared" I looked over and said to Silver.

She turns her eyes to my direction and looked at me with a curious stare.

"Everyone seems so scared" She whispers unsubtly earning a sharp eye from Mr. S' assistant.

"They don't call him Male Miranda Priestly for nothing. The guy is ice cold and all business, you haven't met him?" I asked casually ignoring the fact that I know very well everyone in the room can hear.

Silver looks over a little and scoots a little closer to my seat.

"I've met him several times, he's very nice. He was at our engagement party" Silver answers in a hushed but no longer whispering tone.

My eyes widen a little firstly about Mr. S being in our engagement party but more so over the fact that I think it's the first time I've ever called someone describe him as nice.

"Are you sure you met the right one cause there are a lot of adjectives that people can use to describe him but pretty sure nice is not one of them" I said pushing my chair back to lounge my back further.

At this point all eyes in the room were on both of us, the room was as quiet as a Monday morning church day you could only hear mine and Silver's moderate chatter.

"I'm pretty sure-" Silver starts but got interrupted by Elise's clearing of throat.

"Do we have to listen to this pointless exchange longer or are we going to keep this room quiet until the boss arrives" She sneers snidely.

"My point exactly the boss is not here. And everyone here is under mine and Silver's payroll except you but you're no boss of ours, as far as I'm concered we make the money around here and fact is I make the largest chunk for the company that has you on its payroll so sit down and jot down whatever, I don't give a fuck if our conversation discomforts you. Converse all you want or zip your mouth and tuck your hands in your legs" I let the words flew easily upon the trigger Elise pulled.

Who does she think she is?

"Ryder-" Silver half whispers, her eyes looking at me confusedly.

Elise looks surprised, her expression as if debating to respond or to keep quiet I guess she's new. I'd keep quiet if I were her, the way she's been behaving this whole time as of she's some kind of boss doesn't tick well with me and if she thinks she can treat us like her inferior.

"Don't~" Silver stutters.

"No she needs to know. I take it this has been going on for awhile and everyone's too polite to tell her off, so let me be the asshole and remind the secretary the pecking order here." I said through gritted teeth, I'm not quite sure but some fuse inside me went off suddenly.

Confusion turned into slight horror on Silver's face while Scoot just shakes his head left and right subtly.

Before anyone could speak the door swings open and in comes Mr. S himself with his silent and long strides.