8 - Back

"We've gone by the story- if something pops up just keep it vague and true to what we're telling" Scoot says in a reminding tone as Silver and Melissa are preparing her stuff for tonight's show.

"Yeah I got it I promise" Silver answers, her voice quivering just a little- you couldn't hear it if you didn't listen hard enough.

It's her first interview since my accident and yet again she needs to face the questions about me all by herself like she's been doing ever since all this went down.

Although Scoot as rescheduled and stretched it for as long as he could, all it gave Silver was two more weeks of thinking about it.

Since then Capita has been hell bent to making sure we're both ready for our returns, in the positive side we both did gotten a lot better. I can stand easily without my crutches and walk partially although limping and Silver has gotten better control over her anxiety.

"I know you got it. James is an easy going guy he won't pry and push and we're sure he'll keep it light" Scoot adds now sounding as if trying to calm himself down too.

I make my way with my crutches to where Silver was stood, stopping near but not nearly close enough as it should've been.

"You'll do great" I said in a hushed tone, peering my eyes up to hers.

She smiles down and nods just before meeting her eyes to mine.

"Thanks" She mutters as she lets out a deep breath.

"I'll be there" I followed up casually as I turn my head over to my front so my side profile is what she sees.

"You what?"

"What"

Silver and Scoot said almost at the same time- with Silver missing just a split second before Scoot.

"backstage" I finished rolling my eye slightly to which Silver responds to a nod as if in understanding.

But Scoot still has an unsatisfied expression on his face, with his usual unreadable frown which I know he makes when he's being over critical like he always is.

"But then the crew will see you- does Jeff know about this? Did he made arrangements?" He asks his tirade of questions.

I ignored him and clicked on my phone, and  immediately put in on speaker phone. It rang around three times just before Jeff answers.

"Yes Ryder"

"Jeff I told you about tonight's interview" I trailed.

"Silver's? Ah yeah. I have the arrangements on hold- are we confirming?"

"Yes. Silver and Scoot are just about to leave" I answered as I slide my eyes to Scoot with a smirk to which he grunts under his breath.

"Alright. I'll be sending your transport with Eric in an hour- the interview's just started by the time you arrive"

"What did I tell you about not spoiling this one Jeffrey?" Scoot mutters moving his head closer to my phone.

Jeff lets out a series of chuckles as soon as Scoot finished talking.

"I can't help it- he's got such a pretty face"

Scoot shakes his head laughingly.

"You two are soulmates- anyway do what you guys have planned just make sure it doesn't give Silver any trouble. I don't want a PR splash just yet" Scoot then says in a slightly more serious tone.

"Zero trouble"

"No trouble"

Me and Jeff replied almost at the same time making Scoot look over to Silver smirking.