2 - Birthday

"He forgot all his recent memories"

"He only remembers up to 2013 right?"

"How does that work?"

"That is such a terrible time to  be back on"

"So he remembers you but he has no idea who we are?"

I hear their murmurs ringing all over my head, I still have a lot of questions  but the answers I've only been given I somehow had to accept without understanding any of them.

I shut my eyes tighter trying to even for a little bit clear my thoughts and gather everything I know is true right now.

'Okay Ryder- breathe, go over them again- one by one' I thought to myself.

One, I was shot twice.

Why and how nobody is telling me but I'm not sure I wanna know just yet. One demon at a time.

Two, I've been in a five month coma.

This one the question as to why is number one- that I know.

Three, I'm temporarily paralyzed from the waist down.

Again thanks to number one.

Four, I've forgotten all my recent memories- everything wiped.

I'm supposed to be turning twenty in two months.

Five, I'm engaged to a woman I've never seen before.

Maybe I have but I wouldn't trust my memories right now.

And six, I have no fucking idea how I should get on with everything.

My eyes spring open and I'm staring at the ceiling idly, their silent conversation still ringing all over my ear like they weren't whispers at all.

Silver subtly glances my way and she starts walking towards me, my eyes shut slowly and I heaved a deep breath in mentally preparing myself.

"Good morning" she says gently.

"Morning" I replied still with my eyes closed.

"I'm sorry did we wake you-" she half stutters.

"Probably" I answered quick and short as if avoiding a conversation.

"um-" she began as if trying to search for something else to say or ask but my eyebrows furrow deeper and I release a sigh.

She remains silent but I still sense her being near, I open my eyes slowly to stare up to the ceiling- not giving her a glance.

"I'd like to rest for awhile, could you ask everyone to leave for now" I said in the flattest tone I could muster.

"ye-yeah I'll tell them" she replies quickly.

She turns to walk towards them but I stopped reaching my hand and tugging on her sleeve.

She stops and turns her head to look at my hand holding on to the thin fabric of her shirt.

"close the door when you leave" I said immediately, letting go of her sleeve.

She's still wide eyed but gulps down and forces a smile up her lips.

"Okay, um is there anything you need before we leave?" she asks with shaky voice, her eyes glossy but I see her trying to hold them in and keep it together.

My heart is feeling knots and something inside me is telling me to say something- I snapped me head to the side to avoid looking at her any longer.