Prologue

I almost snickered to hear my bestfriend's rant about a boy. Kayla and me are so different. I mean she was so hopeless romantic, while me? I can't stand romance. Not going to fall into it just to get myself hurt again. They tried to play matchmaker for me but it doesn't work. I never thought it would. Its stupid anyway. But they haven't give up, they said its about time I meet the right one. I say its about time they should give up.

How can they still keep on hoping while I has stopped? They told me multiple times that not everyone is like him. And someone will accept me for who I am, despite the fact that I despise some things in myself.

I'm glad I meet them though. They were my apartment neighbour when I first moved here. About a year and half ago. I was alone and sad. But with big determination to prove them wrong. That a girl can achieve what she wants too. Even if it means to move across the ocean, by herself. With nothing but knowledge of the language and spirit to have a better life.

I started it with working my butt off to get myself a decent life. There, I met Kayla. She was that bubbly person who greets everyone she came across to. The one that always welcome everyone new and took them under her wing until they can fly by themselves.

And here I am, still working, but I was accepted in one of the Ivy League university. In pharmacy. Its like a dream comes true.

But hold on, I still have to go further and further. I still have many dreams to reach. And boy is not one of them.

"Nesya!!!" Kayla yelled at me. I looked at her innocently. "You didn't hear me did you?!" She looked mad. I shook my head without feeling guilty and grinned. That made her even more furious.

She went to the kitchen, her escape. And I heard her mutter "I hate you." on the way there. So I shouted "I love you too, KayBoo." And laughed and ran away.