Chapter 4

Snap it out Nesya. I reminded myself. I'm here now. I'm following my dream. At least I'm trying to. It's not gonna be all easy. Nothing will be handed to me in gold plate.
Everything I want have to be worked for. I mean I can't imagine a thing happening without any work. Even to breath the muscles should contracting. Or in order to make the blood pumped the heart should beat. It requires a work. And I'm ready to work for my purpose.
It was 11 am and I was having a jet lag. Usually, mother will tell me to not sleep until night time in my new place so I'll get used to it faster. But mother isn't here. So I took a nap. A long long nap.
I woke up around 4 pm and I decided to go take a walk nearby. So I showered. Shower always help to make me feel better.
I took my jeans and some t-shirt and wore it. I was about to leave the room when someone knocked. It was Ferdinand.
"Hey!" he greeted me. "What's up, Fer?" I have a habit to shorten people's name. Sue me but it's easier that way. "Fer really??" He asked like I said something unbelievable. I just hummed. "Geez girl. Well, I was thinking since you are new to this town, do you want a quick tour? Plus there's a good restaurant around here." Another surprise. Is life always be full of surpries when you move out so far? I agreed though.
We went around the neighbourhood. New York is truly amazing in the night light. Ferdinand brought me to a restaurant named The Smith. It was a very good place. Not too fancy but still enjoyable.
On the way out I couldn't help but notice the hiring sign. I took a quick note that they needed a waitress. What a coincidence. It could help me survive here for a while.
The next day, I woke up early like I always do. No I don't get dizzy or grumpy. It's like a habit. I'm used to it.
I was going to apply to be a waitress. I prepared my CV and resume last night. I showered and putted on a blouse and skirt. First impression matters.
I walked since the restaurant wasn't so far away. I gathered my confidence and walked in. But Alas! Someone bumped into me and spilled his soda. All over my white skirt!
Now it looks like I have my period on the skirt! God. The poor lady apologized to me over and over again. She felt bad I bet. I told her it was okay and excused myself to the restroom.
I noticed that a girl my age was watching and laughed. She had wavy amber hair and icy blue eyes. She kept watching and laughing before she left to the kitchen.
I hated that girl. How dare she! Laughing over someone's misfortune. I hurriedly went to the restroom to wash the skirt before it's permanently stained.
But then, the amber girl entered. She handed me a black skirt. "Take it, I kept it as spare clothes," she said. I changed to her skirt and expressed my gratefulness for her help.
"I'm Kayla Smith. Daughter of The Smith's owner and currently a manager here." She introduced herself.
And that's how I met one of my best friends. Oh! First impressions aren't always true.