4

I sat frozen in the driver's seat.

I wasn't ready to face him after what he did.

"N-nate?" I ask, my voice shaky.

"Yeah?"

"Can y-you drive home? I-I'm not so hungry anymore." I say.

Nate nods his head and exits the car to walk to the driver's side, and I climbed over the console.

I sit in the passenger's seat, trying to steady my breathing, when I see Derek walk out of the restaurant.

Then, I completely stop breathing for a few seconds when I see him walk towards the car.

I lock the door just as Derek reaches the car.

He tries to open it, and when he finds it locked, he hits his fists on the window pane.

I look over to Nate with fear in my eyes and he grabs my hand and squeezes it.

My eyes well up with tears and I rest my head against the seat and let them roll down my face. I take deep breathes.

"Cmon Milly. I just wanna talk." Derek says.

"You okay?" Nate asks.

I shake my head no.

I look over at Derek's face, the only thing between us is a window. He stares into my tear filled eyes and his eyes are filled with sorrow and regret.

"Please, no." I mouth to him and he looks down.

"I'm sorry, baby girl." He whispers, barely audible. He turns and walks away slowly.

"P-please. Let's go home." I manage to get out.

Nate nods his head and puts the car into gear, pulling out of the parking space and out onto the road.

Nate helps me get out of the car and steadies my balance by gently holding onto my arm.

He unlocks the door and lays me on the couch. Nate begins to walk away but I grab his hand to stop him. He looks down at me.

"Stay. Please." I whisper.

I prop myself up on one elbow so he can sit down. And I lay my head in his lap, staring up at the smooth, caramel colored ceiling.

We lay there, silent, the only sounds are his breathing and mine.

I soon fall asleep, tears still seeping through my closed eyes.

When I wake up, I'm still laying on the couch.

Nate has his eyes closed.

I look down and see his hand rubbing circles on my baby bump absentmindedly.

I smile to myself and place my small hand on top of his and he stops.

I tilt my head back to look up at him.

"You okay?" I ask.

"Y-yeah." Nate answers.

"That was-" I start.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." Nate cuts me off.

"No, no, no! It was nice." I say.

He let's out a small breath he must've been holding in and places a hand on my cheek.

I close my eyes as his thumb caresses my lower lip, playing with it.

I smile and he chuckles.

I soon feel a pair of lips on mine and I smile.

I open my eyes and Nate just stares at me. I blush and he smiles.

"What?" I ask.

"I-it's cute the way y-you blush." He stutters.

I grin.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I ask.

"Yes! Have you seen Top Gun?" He asks excitedly.

"No. Is it good?" I answer.

"Good? GOOD? MILLY, TOP GUN HAS TOM CRUISE IN IT! OF COURSE ITS GONNA BE GOOD!" Nate exclaims.

"TOM CRUISE? O. M. G. HIM? OH WE ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO WATCH IT THEN!" I mimick him and he pouts.

I chuckle, then stand up to go to the kitchen to make popcorn while Nate puts the movie into the DVD player.

Almost two hours later, the movie is over and Nate and I are arguing.

"THE MOVIE WASNT EVEN THAT GOOD!" I yell.

"YES IT WAS! TOP GUN IS ONE OF THE SINGLE GREATEST MOVIES OF THE 1980'S!" Nate yells back.

"WELL, THEY SHOULD'VE AT LEAST GOT SOMEONE ELSE TO PLAY THE MAIN CHARACTER. NOT THE TOMMY CRUSO OR WHATEVER!" I advise.

"TOM CRUISE? OF COURSE HE WAS THE ONE TO PLAY MAVERICK! HE IS ONE OF THE BEST ACTORS EVER!" Nate exclaims.

The front door opens and I see Cassie, holding two brown paper bags.

"What the hell is going on?" She asks.

We must've been arguing for a while because it was still light outside when we finished the movie. Now, there are stars in the sky.

I walk over to close the door behind Cassie. Nate grabs the bags from her.

"Nothing. We were just arguing over a dumb movie." I explain.

"Top Gun was NOT a dumb movie." Nate says, pointing his finger in the air.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes.

"I thought you guys were killing each other!" Cassie says.

Nate begins to walk to the kitchen.

"Nah. And Nate..." Nate stops and turns to look at me. "It wasn't even sad when Goose died." I whisper.

Nate's eyes widened. He dropped the bags and ran to me. He grabbed my wrists and I fell backwards onto the couch. He crawled on top of me and pinned my wrists above my head.

"TAKE IT BACK MILLY!" He yells.

"NO!" I say.

"TAKE IT BACK OR I'LL-"

"you'll what?" I smile. His eyes soften.

"I'll..." He starts.

I raise an eyebrow and smirk.

"I'll do something you don't like." He says and smiles like he's won something.

"Like?"

He leans down and plants a kiss on my lips, then pulls away.

I look at him, my eyes flicking to his lips. "You're right. I didn't like that." I whisper, biting my lip.

Nate leans toward for another kiss, but is jerked away.