11

"Okay, Mama. Are you familiar with how this process works?" Valerie, the technician, asks.

"Not really. I've never had this done. I'd seen when my ma was pregnant with my little sister when I was younger." I say.

"Okay. I'm sure you already know, but this is the test that will identify the physical sex that the baby is. We have to put some goo on your tummy to allow the machine to detect the genitals, showing whether the baby is a boy or a girl. I'll run," she picks up the equipment, " this over your lil tummy and it will show the baby on the screen. It's quite simple, and no worries."

I smile. "Okay." I'm excited to see what the baby will be!

Val applies the gooey stuff to my stomach and waves the thingy slowly over it. We all look towards the screen.

"Okay, Mama! All done! It looks like you're having a baby girl! Congratulations! I'll have a few copies of the ultrasound in a couple minutes. I'll be back." She says, washing her hands and stepping out of the room.

Derek gets up to grab a paper towel. He starts cleaning my stomach.

 "A baby girl, huh?" I place my hand on my stomach and rub small circles.

Derek looks at me and smiles. I smile back to him.

"Milly?" Derek asks.

"Yeah?"

"Can I hug you?"

I nod my head and he steps closer to me and hugs me lightly. The door opens.

"Here you go!" Val hands me three rolls of paper. "We just need to set up your next appointment and you can go home!"

"Here." I hand Derek one of the rolls. We walk out to the waiting room, I get a few papers filled out and we get in the car.

"What's the gender?" Nate asks.

"It's a girl." I say. "Cassie, give Nate the money."

"That's what that was for." She says in realization, handing the money up to Nate.

"Is it okay if you drop Cassie and i off first? I'm super tired." I say, putting a hand on my stomach.

"Yeah. I need to go to Derek's anyway."

Nate drops Cassie and I off and I immediately go to my room to sleep.

(Nate's POV)

"You excited to see your daughter in a few months?" I ask Derek, sitting on the couch at our house.

"Nervous." He says, scratching the back of his head.

"Nervous? Why nervous?"

"Because of what I did. I'm supposed to be the first man to teach her. You know, teach her how she should be treated, what she deserves. And, even though she's not born yet, I feel like I've let her down. I don't wanna be the one to tell her why her mommy and daddy can't be together." 

"Why'd you do it?" I ask. I'm not trying to be pushy, but I do want to know. I deserve to know, right? I'm one of his closest friends.

"It's gonna sound childish, man, but pressure." He takes a drink of his beer and looks at me, "Madison. That girl was something else. And she was very manipulative. I didn't want to go behind both G's and Milly's back. They don't deserve that. But, Madison, she tested me. Oh god, did she test me. It was one time thing, man, I swear on my life. It was the heat of the moment. She came over and we started talking. Talking took a turn to flirting and, it never should have went beyond a friendly conversation, let alone what happened. I messed up, I know I did. Ma taught me that if you ever had thoughts about a woman, other than the one you said you loved, you probably never loved her in the first place. And I swear I loved Milly. I still do. For a while after we broke up, I second guessed myself all the time on whether I really did love Milly. I convinced myself that the whole engagement thing was a mistake and that us being together never should've happened, but I know for a fact that I love Milly. I know I don't deserve her or another chance, and I don't expect them to be handed to me. But I'm absolutely positive that if she gave me the chance to be the father that our baby girl deserves, I'll take it, and I would never take her for granted again."

"That was really childish," I chuckled. "and you understand that I don't think anything justifies cheating. But I'm not the one you should be telling this to." he nods his head, obviously ashamed. I stand up, and look at him. "And between me and you, I think Milly does still love you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey babes! Sorry for the late update. I literally just finished this. I hope this clears up some things that have happened! Milly is having a baby girl! I'm still deciding on what baby name to choose! You all sent so many adorable names! Again, sorry for the late update, I haven't been feeling too hot today. I've had multiple fevers and I keep feeling like I'm going to throw up. But enough about me' how are you all!? A few more chapters and a baby girl will be brought into the world! There's still some time to submit some names! Btw, I absolutely adore unisex names. Or names that boys usually have for a girl? Um, yes!