8

I woke up and looked at my phone.

7:53pm

I slowly get myself up and walk to the kitchen to get some water. I walk back into the living room and see that Nate had moved down the couch a little bit. I sit at the end where his head is, slowly placing it in my lap.

He looks so peaceful laying there. He kinda looks younger.

I turned on my radio that I bought at a thrift store and Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol was playing. I play with his hair while singing:

We'll do it all

Everything

On our own

We don't need

Anything

Or anyone

If I lay here

If I just lay here

Would you lie with me

and just forget the world?

I don't quite know

How to say

How I feel

Those three words

Are said too much

They're not enough

If I lay here

If I just lay here

Would you lie with me

and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told

Before we get too old

Show me a garden

that's bursting into life

Let's waste time

Chasing cars

Around our heads

I need your grace

To remind me

To find my own

If I lay here

If I just lay here

Would you lie with me

and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told

Before we get too old

Show me a garden

that's bursting into life

All that I am

All that I ever was

Is here in your perfect eyes,

they're all I can see

I don't know where

Confused about how as well

Just know that these things

will never change for us at all

If I lay here

If I just lay here

Would you lie with me

and just forget the world? 

"Mills?" Nate says tiredly.

"Yeah? Did I wake you up? I'm sorry." I say, straightening myself up.

"No, no. It's ok. You didn't wake me. I woke up right before you started singing. Your voice is beautiful! Why don't you sing all the time?" Nate asks, propping himself up on his elbows.

"Well..." I start, but i couldn't think of an actual reason why, minus the child I'm carrying. "What do you mean 'all the time'?" 

Nate looked at me, incredulous. "I mean, write songs, perform them, on stage, with crowds, record them, make music videos, sell tracks, design merchan-"

"Nate." I say, but he ignores me and continues with everything a music artist would do.

"Nate." I try again.

Still no answer, just him talking.

I grab his face and kiss him passionately. I pull away and he looks at me.

"Nate"

"Yeah?" He asks, staring into my eyes.

"Shut the fuck up." I whisper.

"Yeah. Right. Sorry." He says, chuckling.

"I just can't do it." I say.

Nate nods his head in understanding.

"I have to go to the studio tomorrow . Wanna come with?" Nate asks, standing up.

"Yeah, sure." I say.

Nate walks out of the room and comes back with all the pillows and blankets he could find and carry. He smirks at me.

"Yes!" I squeal.

I run out of the room and get more pillows. I also drag two of the dining chairs into the large living space. Nate and I begin construction.

We get our fort built in 20 minutes. It would have taken half that time, but we kept stealing kisses from each other and slapping each other's butts.

Nate and I crawled into the fort and sat on the pillows. The fort was actually big enough to fit at least three more people comfortably. We watched animated Disney movies on Netflix.

Nate crawled over to me during The Princess and the Frog.

I looked at him. "What?"

"Your eyes." he says.

"What about them?" I ask.

"They're pretty."

"They're brown." I say, bored.

"No. They're not. Well, I mean, yeah, they are brown. But have you ever looked closely at them? They have small flecks of blue and green. Like, the green isn't very noticible, but the blue. There are little slits of blue. They're really..." he trails off. "Um, really..." he gulps, then flicks his eyes to my lips. 

I close the few inches between us and lock my lips to his. His hand moves to my cheek and the other moves to the small of my back. I move closer to him and he falls back onto his back. I fall with him and lay on his chest, never losing skin contact.

I plant small kisses on his jawline and reattach my lips to his. Nate flips us carefully. He grabs my wrists in one hand and pins them above my head. He starts kissing my collarbone and makes his way to my jawline and finally just peppers kisses all over my face.

"Nate stop!" I say, giggling. He keeps kissing my face. "It tickles!"

Nate rolled us over and I lay my head on his chest.

"I love you Nate." I say, sleepily.

"I love you too Mills." He says, wrapping his arms around me.

We both fell asleep to the soft noise of the movie and each other's breathing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guys! I freaking wrote another chapter! Two chapters in two days! I'm so proud of myself. ily all so much. Idk when I'll update next bc I'll be in Ohio in a lil bit and I'll be there for a couple weeks. I'll be v busy with family and seeing friends so idk. I might not be able to update at all in the next couple weeks and I'm sorry for that. Please stay patient. I'll work on chapters as much as I can.