~Chapter Thirteen~

As soon as they arrived back, Layton took Lexi to the house.

"Let me come with you!" She told him, he was fuming.

"You're staying here. That's final."

"Layton. I want to help."

"I want you to stay here. I don't want you coming with me, it's not safe. I'm not arguing with you. Go upstairs." He told her, fighting against his wolf.

"Are you serious?" She asked, raising her voice.

The boys were all sitting in the lounge but all stayed quiet.

"No. You're staying here. And don't try to leave because you'll piss me off even more." He shouted. He gave her a strong look and then walked south of the door, slamming it behind him and locking it.

He jogged to the pack house and Corey was waiting by the stairs.

"Everyone's outside."

"What do you mean everyone?" He asked, brushing passed him.

"The guards, warriors and border patrols that went off... A lot of them are drunk." Corey explained.

"I'm gonna fucking go mad, excuse me out here." He admitted, he opened the main doors and walked outside.

Everyone went silent, looking towards Layton who was storming down the stairs.

"YOU FUCKING TWATS." He shouted, his eyes turned black as his wolf took over. "YOU PUT YOUR OWN PACK IN DANGER. THOSE ROGUES COULD HAVS DOEN ANYTHING, AND ALL YOU FUCKING CARE ABOUT IS GETTING PISSED BECAUSE YOU'VE NEARLY FINISHED YOUR COURSE. WELL GUESS FUCKING WHAT. THATS NOT HAPPENING NOW, IS IT YOU FUCK WITTS." He took a deep breath and everyone looked disappointed in themselves.

"You put your pakc in danger. Our pack. I trusted you guys. This time, was meant for you guys to start going into the work rotas to get used to working in real life situations and you used it to get pissed. 14 rogues passed the borders is the last 3 hours. That just proves how fucking important security is." He raised this vocie but stopped shouting.

"You're not finishing your training in two weeks, I'm extending it, for all of you. If you want to quit, that's your own choice but I'm not having you guys finish in two weeks... I can't trust you right now and that's your own faults." He explained.

"You should all be ashamed of yourselves." He said, turning his back and slamming back into the pack house.

"Get them interrogated. I'm not in a state to do it myself." He told Corey

"Go home. We'll get it sorted. I'll call you in the morning, but if it's anything urgent then I'll have to ring you buddy." Corey replied and he just nodded walking away.

He didn't go home straight away, he went into the forest, stripping off and letting his wolf shift.

He let Alexos run free for a few hours, letting them both calm down fully before even daring to go back to the house.

He forgot where he put his clothes, and shifted back when he was on the doorstep.

The door was already unlocked, so he went in and locked it behind him with the keys that were already in the door.

He smelt popcorn and heard a movie on in the background. He walked into the living room gently and the boys were on the sofas with bowls of snacks.

"Hi." He swallowed, not bothering to cover his crotch.

Everyone turned their heads and clearly looked at his junk before quickly adverting their eyes up.

"Could you not have gotten dressed?" Ryan asked.

"Where's Lexi?" He asked, ignoring the boys.

"Upstairs. She went out for a walk with Corey a little while ago." Taylor told him.

He frowned, feeling possesive.

"No, not like that. She wanted to go out for a walk and he didn't want her walking alone in the dark... He knew you wouldn't either so he offered to go with her." Taylor explained.

He nodded, making his way out of the living room and up the stairs.

He knocked on his door twice with the back of his knuckle, feeling much calmer. The scent of his mate helped.

"Lexi." He called quietly. He checked the time and realised it was late, opening the door slowly.

She was already curled up in bed, fast asleep... On his side.

He walked closer and realised she was sin his jumper, with his hood up, and holding the sleeves round her wrists.

He pulled the covers over her gently and kissed the top of her head.

Layton got ready to go to sleep and climbed in beside her, watching her for a little while before drifting off to sleep.

Funny enough, he woke up first. He went downstairs to make them both breakfast.

When he brought it back up she was out of bed and in the bathroom. He stuck his head round the door.

"Are you annoyed at me?" He asked after a couple minutes of silence, watching her take off her makeup form the day before.

"No. I'm furious." She told him, not looking at him. "You went off for fucking hours. You wouldn't let me come with you, to something I'm a part of now. And you were a fucking dick for shouting at me." She added, still not looking at him.

"I understand if you annoyed. I was an idiot leaving you here."

"You don't get it!" She turned to him, "Its not the fact that you left me here, it's the fact that you didn't want me to come with you and sort it out together. You're not doing this alone anymore." She shouted.

"It's my turn to fucking shout at you." She mumbled, brushing passed and walking out of the bathroom.

"Shout at me then. I deserve it." He told her and she sighed.

"Layton. I don't want to shout at you. I was just making a point. You're not alone running this pakc anymore, and if you don't want me here you should have told me that before you got involved with me and my family." She told him, gently.

He looked disappointed in himself. "Of course I want to be with you, Lexi. Look. sorry. I'm not used to being romantic, I'm not used to having someone there to help me with things and im not used to having a fucking godess in my house."

"I'm not a godess." She told him, rasing her eyebrows.

"You might as well be. Lexi, you're stunning and sometimes I find it difficult to control Alexos. He's greedy. I shouldn't have gotten angry, and I should have let you help me.. I just wanted to keep you safe."

"I'm still mad at you." She went closer and wrapped her arms round his waist. He put his hands on her lower back and kissed the top of her head.

"I'll make it up to you." He told her.

"How?" She asked, feeling calmer.

"I don't know... I'll think of something... I promise." He told her.