~Chapter Twenty-Four~

Layton was released from hospital three days later, his arm strapped painfully to his chest.

The doctor was escorting them both home.

"Slowly, Layton." He told him.

"I'm fine." He said, wobbling a little bit as they walked over the field. He just wanted to be at home now.

Lexi held onto his good hand, making sure he didn't fall over.

As soon as they were home, he walked gently into the living room. Most of the boys were there, including Corey.

"You look like shit." Corey told him, smiling. "At least you're alive."

"Wow. Thanks." Layton replied. "Lexi, could you get some water please, beautiful?"

"Sure." She left him with the boys and went into the kitchen.

He spoke to the boys for a little while before going upstairs slowly.

Lexi spoke to Dr. Thomas.

"He's okay to have a wash everywhere but the wounds, they're still healing. Don't get anything but water in them. Just apply the cream we gave him, and contact me if you have any questions." He told her.

"Thank you. Thank you so much." She told him.

"That's okay.. make sure you get some rest." He walked four of the door and Lexi walked up the stairs, finding Layton still only halfway to their room.

"Are you okay?" She checked.

He nodded, steadying himself. "I'm just taking my time." He replied.

"That's okay. You're doing good." She told him, placing her hand on his back. She walked with him the rest of the way at his own pace.

"We'll have to do your hair in the sink... No soap in your wounds, you could have a really small bath?." She told him and he nodded.

"Will you help me?" He asked.

"Of course I will." She told him. "Let me get everything ready, sit down on the bed." She helped him sit down and he watched her walk around the bedroom and start running a small bath for him.

She came back into the bedroom and helped him stand up.

"Do you trust me?" She asked.

He nodded.

"Can I take these off for you?" She out his hand son his hips, he was wearing boxers and jogging bottoms. He nodded, helping her with the one hand he could.

Lexi kept her eyes up and helped him into the few inches of water sitting in their bathtub. He just watched Lexi as she plodded around the bathroom, getting him towel ready and putting the bathmat down.

She knelt next to the bathtub, looking back at him.

"Can you pass me my scrunchie?" He asked and she smiled.

Since she had moved in, his room had changed a lot. He had changed lots for her. They each had their own shelves, their own coloured tooth brush, their own matching blue and pink scrunchies.

She reached over and dropped it into the bath in front of him, grabbing his body wash and pouring some onto it for him.

"Are you going to watch me?" He asked, looking slightly worried.

"I'm not looking, Layton. Get on with it." She told him and he just chuckled, washing himself down.

"You know it's yours, you can look." He told her and she just smiled, shaking her head.