Chapter 1

~I watch my sister on Dance Moms, I see her teacher Abby yelling at this girl named Paige and then her and her sister leave. I see my mom Kira Hilliker, do an interview thing and then I shut off the T.V. ~

*one year later, Kacey is actually going to be 12 during this.*

Kacey's P.O.V~

I walk into the ALDC in Pittsburgh with Kalani and my mom. Abby is sitting at the desk and gives me a smile. "Kacey its so nice to finally meet you." She says. I smile. "Hello Mrs.Abby its nice to meet you too." I say politely. She gives me a big hug and I smile. "Why don't you go into the dancers den Kalani and Kacey; I have some papers for your mom to fill out." Abby says. We nod and go into the Dancer's Den.

I go in and recognize Mackenzie and Maddie. "Maddie and Kenzie!!" I say smiling. They look up and smile. They give me a huge Ziegler hug. "I can't believe your here Kacey!" Kenz says. I smile and nod along. "I'm so nervous." I say. "You're gonna do great." Suddenly a blonde girl, a brunette and an African American girl come in. "Chloe, Kendall and Nia this is Kacey my little sister." Kalani says.

"Hi! I'm Chloe its so nice to meet you!" The blonde girl comes up and says. She gives me a hug. "Hi! I'm Kacey!" I say to her. "I'm Kendall " The brunette says giving me a smile but has a hard look behind her eyes. "I'm Nia! Its so exciting to have a new teammate!" The African American girl says hugging me. I hug back. I take off my Adidas sweatshirt to reveal my cropped leggings and dance bra. I put on my jazz shoes and I have Kalani fix my bun.

Abby comes in with a bunch of moms who I get introduced to. Christi is Chloe's mom, Holly is Nia's mom and Jill is Kendall's mom. "Girls go in for pyramid; Kacey I am gonna call your name and then you will be coming in for pyramid. " Abby says. I nod.

I hear abby talk about the last competition they went to. "Most of you know Kalani has a sister; her sister is going to be on the ALDC junior Elite competition team. Kacey come in!" Abby says.I walk in and Kalani hugs me. I stand next to her."Kacey welcome to my legacy. On to pyramid." Abby says.

She goes through pyramid. Im at the bottom and my sister was at the top. "This week we will have 3 solos, a duet and a group dance." Abby says. "Kacey you have a solo entitled Fight Song. Will you fight to get to the top of the pyramid and win the competition?" She asks. "Maddie you also will have a solo entitled Birthday." Abby says. "Kalani will also have a solo entitled Pretty Little Liar." Abby says.

"The duet this week will be Kacey and Kenzie with an acro-hiphop routine entitled No." Abby says. I smile at Kenzie. "The group dance will be to Out of the woods and some of you
will be prisoners." She says. The moms all look at each other. "Moms you are dismissed; girls spread apart." Abby says.

I stretch with Kenzie and Nia. "So you excited for your solo?" Nia asks. "I'm nervous." I respond. "You're gonna do great, you are an amazing dancer." Kenz says. I smile and thank her. "So first I want to work with Kacey on her solo then the duet." Abby says. The other girls leave the room and I stay. Kenzie stays to run the music.

"Okay Kacey your solo is Fight song obviously to the song fight song. You are fighting to be on this team." She says. She starts giving me choreo and its very difficult. I perform the moves throughly and the turns are sharp. We get the whole thing choreographed in an hour. I perform it for her and Kenzie. "Kacey, fix the side Ariel after the turn sequence. " She says. I nod and fix it. "Okay now fix your emotions and faces.What do you think it should be?" She asks. "Shouldn't my emotions be like sad then determined?" I ask. She nods and I do the dance again. "And turn,turn,turn!" Abby says while I'm dancing. I hit my turns perfectly and jump out of it and roll to the ground then I face the back and kick to standing. We keep going through the dance and then its time for my duet.