Chapter 14

Kacey's P.O.V~ (Time skip to competition day.)

I wake up at Melissa's ready to get ready for competition. I shower and blowdry my hair, throwing it into a bun. I put on my aldc leggings and my jacket with a pair of sneakers for my shoes. I put the last minute items like my phone charger, beats, and fuzzy socks along with the dance shoes I'd need for the competition into my backpack.I  grab my suitcase and my makeup trunk before heading downstairs to the car with Melissa, Maddie, Kalani and Kenzie. We all pile in and we stop at Starbucks to get breakfast before going to the competition.

We get to the dance competition and meet up with Abby and everyone before facing the crowds and going in. We get to our private dressing room and we open the door and set up our stations. I start getting my makeup done for my solo as Abby talks about that we need to go out and win because Candy Apples are here today. "Miss Abby?" I ask her when she's done talking. "What do you want to be done with my hair?" I ask her. She smiles and walks over. "Melissa can you help her I want this," Abby says showing her the hairstyle. Melissa does it then puts my hat for my costume on my head and sews it into my head. Then she helps me get the white gloves on for my costume.

I go into the changing station and put on my costume with my tap shoes

(Ik the girl in the photo is young but the costume is appropriate for a 12-year-old)

Abby smiles and I throw the white pants over the costume because I start with the pants on. I run the dance with Abby 5 times and then it's my time to go out and preform. "You've got this Kacey!" Abby says smiling at me as Kalani walks me backstage. We walk together backstage and I get ready to preform my dance. Kalani gives me a thumbs up and I hear the host announce my name and number. I walk out with my hands on my hips facing the back to start my dance. I hear the music play and I start dancing and I rip the pants off at the right part. I throw them offstage and then I do a roundoff backhandspring in my taps as I continue to dance. I finish my dance and end in the splits. I get up and walk off stage confidently and when I'm fully off, I go in Kalani's arms and give her a huge hug. I take my tap shoes off and walk with Kalani back to the dressing room where I start getting ready for the trio.  I put my hair in the ponytail that Abby left out for me.