Chapter 3

Kacey's P.O.V~

I wake up to Kenzie's alarm going off. She rolls over and shuts it off before getting out of bed and I get out of bed aswell. "Morning Kenz." I say to her. "Morning Kacey, you ready for today?" She asks. "Yeah I think we all will do great." I say to her. She nods and smiles. "Do you want to shower in Kalani's bathroom and get ready in there so that we dont waste time?" I ask. She nods and takes her stuff in with her to Kalani's bathroom. 

I go into my bathroom and shower then I put on my performance undergarments with tights and a dress over it. I put on my aldc jacket over it. I blow-dry my hair and put it in a bun. I grab my costumes and my bag, along with my phone. Mackenzie comes in with jeans and a t-shirt on over everything with her jacket. We bring our stuff downstairs and put it into the car. Mom makes us breakfast quick and we eat it very quickly. 

We drive to the venue and when we get there we meet up with everyone in the dressing room. Kalani does my makeup since we arrived early along with the Zieglers. Abby isn't even here yet. I get my hair put into a French twist with a clip that matches my costume. I put my solo costume on and then put my aldc sweats and jacket. I stretch all my muscles and Abby walks in while I'm stretching. Kalani and Maddie are also stretching and everything. "Maddie, Kalani and Kacey come here. " She says. 

"You three are all competing in the junior division. Kacey you are in the middle of the division with Maddie and kalani is on the higher end. Kacey you need to place in the top 3 if you want to stay with this team. " Abby says. I nod. Kalani and Maddie look at Abby. "You two girls better  place in the top 3 swell." She says.   We all nod and head backstage. 

We go backstage and Kalani goes first. I do last minute stretching and run through my solo before handing Maddie my sweats. I go to  the wings and then my  solo music starts to play. I start nailing every turn, leap, jump,and trick perfectly. I use my facial expressions. The part of the music with the big turn sequence is coming up. I prepare for my turns and I say the counts in my head as I use the facials. I end the turn sequence a double pirouette and stag leap out. I do a grande jete and land it then do a side Ariel. I finish thence and land in the "Maddie Pose".

I hear the audience clapping and Miss Abby is cheering over everyone in the audience. Maddie hands me my sweats before getting ready to go onstage. Maddie takes stage and starts dancing. She does everything perfectly which makes it really hard to have confidence that ill win. She comes off the stage and we all go backstage. I start to get ready for my duet with Mackenzie and Kalani fixes my hair into a giant high ponytail. My makeup gets touched up and I stretch a bit more and I go over the dance with Kenzie. Kenzie and I practice for Abby and she thinks its a winner. 

We go up to the stage and get ready to perform. We go out on stage and do our dance to the best of our ability. We hit every turn, leap and trick. My stag leap touched my head and it went really well. We go back to the room and get ready for group dance. I get my hair done into two pig tail with ribbon. Kalani has the same hair as her solo except a different clip. Everyone else besides Nia has their hair in a low bun with it parted to the right. We get ready and run the number before going to the wings.

We do the dance and the only mistake was Kendall almost kicked me in the face but I played it off like a fight scene. We get to the part where Nia picks me up and I kick as hard as I can. I get put down and I jump off the chair and do 12 a la seconds before Nia grabs my leg and pulls me towards her kinda like a foute. We finish the dance and go off to the dressing room. We put on our ALDC jackets and go to the stage. 

"Who's ready for awards?" The announcer says. We all shout and they start in the mini division. They get to the Junior Elite division and I get nervous, I hold Kenzie's hand. They get to the top three and I haven't been called. "Third place, Kalani with Pretty Little Liar." The announcer says. I look over at my mom in shock. "Second place Maddie with Birthday." I look at Kenzie and Mouth that I didn't place. "First place Kacey with Fight Song." I look at kenzie in shock and go to stand with the others as I accept my award and crown. Mrs.Abby is beaming and So is my mom and Melissa. I look shocked as I get the award. We sit down and they go into the Duet division later on. "First Place is Kacey and Mackenzie with No." They announce. We go up and get our award. We go sit and they get to our division for groups. "First place is Out of The Woods-ALDC" They say. We go up and accept the award.

I run back to the dressing room with Kenzie. Abby comes in 5 minutes later. "KACEY!" She shouts happily. She gives me a huge hug  and hugs everyone else. My mom gives me a huge hug and kiss along with Kalani. "Kacey congratulate your sister and Maddie." Mom says.I congratulate them and Melissa smiles at me. "You were amazing Kacey." She said. I smile and thank her.  Abby has us all line up. "Everyone did amazing. We have interviews now." She says. I nod at her. "Kacey is going first so put on the outfit you came in. I nod and put my dress on and I have my hair put into curls by the makeup artist. I then go into the green room.

"Alright Kacey so were gonna do interviews okay?" He said. I nod. "Kacey are you excited to be competing with  the ALDC?" The producer asks. "Im so excited, Ive always wanted to compete with my big sister. " I say smiling. "How do you feel about going up against Maddie and Kalani?" HE asks. "Im nervous because I dont think I have a great chance because Maddie and Kalani are amazing. " I say to the camera. "How do you feel about not placing?" He asks. "Im bummed but I think that they did great."  I say. "How do you feel beating Maddie and Kalani?" He asks. "Im shocked because Kalani and Maddie are such amazing dancers but I tried my best to win the competition. " I say. He thanks me and I leave the room then my mom goes in.

We leave after the Zieglers get interviewed. "You guys wanna go out to dinner with Abby? She invited the Hillikers and the Zieglers. " Mom says. We all nod yes even Kenzie. We meet Abby at  Panera and we all sit in a rounded booth. "You girls all did incredible today." Abby says as we are eating. We all thank her and smile at her. We go through dinner and then Mom takes Kalani and I home. 

Kalani and I put our costumes away, along with our dance makeup and we both take showers before watching a movie with our mom.